Shopping tips
I'm looking for a Massive LWB or LBB of Swiftness to go with a CAT style rogue. I didn't think it would be such a pain to shop for. I'm past 700 tries now and The best I've managed is a Brutal LBB of Swiftness, which is close. I've also found four LWBs of Swiftness so far, as well as an Amber LBB of Swiftness and a Massive composite bow of Swiftness.

I'm shopping at Gris with a 20th level character. I realized that it would be hard to get but this is getting ridiculous. This is obviously the right level to be shopping at. What are the chances of finding one at some point?
[Image: harlequin2.jpg]
Harlequin,Jun 26 2005, 07:48 AM Wrote:I'm looking for a Massive LWB or LBB of Swiftness to go with a CAT style rogue. I didn't think it would be such a pain to shop for. I'm past 700 tries now and The best I've managed is a Brutal LBB of Swiftness, which is close. I've also found four LWBs of Swiftness so far, as well as an Amber LBB of Swiftness and a Massive composite bow of Swiftness.

I'm shopping at Gris with a 20th level character. I realized that it would be hard to get but this is getting ridiculous. This is obviously the right level to be shopping at. What are the chances of finding one at some point?
[right][snapback]81694[/snapback][/right]

I can only agree with you -- I never succeded in buying a massive/swiftness lwb, or a jade/swiftness anything, despite many pleasant hours chatting with Gris at clvl 20-21.

On the bright side, a plain lwb of swiftness is almost as good as any massive/swiftness lwb, except perhaps in a very narrow character range when you need to +da to stun; and after that the needler, or even a plain short bow, is almost as good anyway; and IMO an obsidian/heavens bow of any base type with good stats (+15 to all, and enough resistances to max them out, also not so easy to buy) with lots of +all jewels is better anyway.
I agree with Thecla. In all my years of playing, as long as I can do a minimum of 63 damage and move somewhat slowly, I've never had a need for a swiftness bow. While it doesn't hurt, it definitely is not a game breaker or major advantage vs. an obs\heavens or something similar.
hmmm, in all my years of gaming, i havent come faster than a vicious lbb of swiftness, which handles h/h nicely since clvl 35 and up (note that it's standard legit, thus drank a number of dex pots) the vicious doesnt matter much, and i think isnt needed. note that i'd guess youre best chances are in normal caves since swiftness is droppable up from mlvl 10 and lwb's start at 19 (lbb at 11) so i'd search between overlords and obsidian lords. (or indeed shop, but that has to do with clvl, and you might've surpassed the 11 as low range already)
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
I realize it isn't necessary, it would be more of a luxury item or one that I can say "Yeah I have one" like an obs/zod or dragon/zod.
[Image: harlequin2.jpg]