Potential Strategies?
Well, I'm about to build M'avina. Don't actually have the full set yet, but by the time I'm at a high enough level to use them all, I should have the full set. Have a MF sorc that I locate all set items with (well, most set items).

Here's the only issue, this is a high level set. Starting at Level 1, what strategies would all of you suggest to get me to where I need to be to start equipping the set, and getting her to where she's somewhat tough?

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/set...vinasbattlehymn

What distributions would you all suggest I try for skills, stats, etc? Normally wouldn't ask, but I play javazons, not bowazons, so really rather unfamiliar with that tree and that skillset.
M'avina is designed for a FrostMaiden, IMO. I'd recommend pumping
Cold Arrow early on, and eventually maxing CA, Freezing Arrow and Strafe.
One point in other bow skills, only as needed for prereqs. Zero in the Jav tree.
One point in ALL passives, of course, with extra points placed into
Critical Strike/Pierce/Valkyrie as desired. The Dodge/Avoid/Evade skills
could get another point or two, but I think maxed Valkyrie will be more useful in
the long run.

Buy just enough Strength to wield M'Avina's Caster, and zero Energy.
You'll need some Vitality, but the vast majority of your stat points should be in Dex.

Just so you know my background, I've played single-player Bowazons since v1.00,
and my best one is just about to make clvl-91. She's currently using Windforce
that v1.09 Pindleskin was nice enough to drop, with Fortitude rune armor
for a serious damage boost. She can run The Pit in Hell diff players=8 with
impunity, but typically gets a big boost from her friend the Enchantress on
the second computer on my LAN.

Have fun, and let us know how she turns out!
Sweet deal. Thanks for the advice.

I've played Javazons, bladeazons, spearazons, maceazons, and about everything else you can imagine, EXCEPT Bowazons. :P
SetBuilder,Mar 28 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Sweet deal. Thanks for the advice.

I've played Javazons, bladeazons, spearazons, maceazons, and about everything else you can imagine, EXCEPT Bowazons. :P
[right][snapback]72149[/snapback][/right]
How in the world does anyone play a maceazon before a bowazon...

Anyway, M'av's is definately a frostmaiden set. A very cool perk is the gloves' 10 second duration to cold. I would suggest getting LOTS of this, as frozen monsters can't exactly hit you back. If you can find small charms with dual cold mods (been playing since 1.04 and I've only found one), that adds 2 second duration. Very good indeed.

Before you can actually wear mavs, might I suggest wizendraw. It lowers enemy cold resist, and is actually viable as an end weapon with a cold facet in it. thats -40 cold resist and +5 cold damage when perfect. Kuko Shakaku is also incredibly powerful, as is Buriza-do, but who wants the cookie cutters of 1.09? Lycanders aim is also very powerful with its +4 bow skills.

You will want some form of knockback with this build, I think, because your bane is anyone who doesn't freeze. Thats where magic arrow (just fire normal arrows, mavs and wizendraw both shoot magics) comes in. Since its free, you wont be wasting all your mana on them.

An extremely low level suggestion is raven claw and witherstring. Raven claw shoots off level 3 exploding arrow, and wither doesn't require ammo. Your choice.

You might want to invest into some energy, as frozen arrow is expensive. Cresent Moon has up to 15% mana leech, which surprisingly is not a whole lot. Multi-shot with around 10 arrows makes for a powerful mana-replenisher, but it gets annoying when you have to switch back and forth between skills.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Mar 28 2005, 06:34 PM Wrote:How in the world does anyone play a maceazon before a bowazon...

Before you can actually wear mavs, might I suggest wizendraw.
[right][snapback]72206[/snapback][/right]

Seemed rather natural to me. Never been into bows. I LOVE playing javazons. One of the truest ranged bashers in existance. Maceazons are fun, because every time I kill a buddy over the LAN, I can say, "HA! You just got Maced to death by a GIRL!!!"

Ok, punny, but still...

Actually, I've started M'avina out as a Maceazon. Seemed to make sense to me. I've alloted stat points in a manner that will allow me to equip set items. Have not alloted ANY skill points yet. Am level 18. Working well so far. More strategies would be good though, because I haven't been pulling from any of my mules yet, so she's going to start sucking really bad with that unique spiked club very soon...
whathuh,Mar 28 2005, 07:34 PM Wrote:If you can find small charms with dual cold mods (been playing since 1.04 and I've only found one), that adds 2 second duration.[right][snapback]72206[/snapback][/right]

Since there weren't any charms at all before LoD, it's not such a big deal that you didn't get one in 1.04-1.06 ;).
SetBuilder,Mar 28 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:Actually, I've started M'avina out as a Maceazon. Seemed to make sense to me. I've alloted stat points in a manner that will allow me to equip set items. Have not alloted ANY skill points yet. Am level 18. Working well so far. More strategies would be good though, because I haven't been pulling from any of my mules yet, so she's going to start sucking really bad with that unique spiked club very soon...
[right][snapback]72210[/snapback][/right]

Try daggers. And the usual mix of low-level set items that give nifty bonus combinations. An amazon blocks faster with a dagger in hand than she does with other melee weapons.

I have a project on the go with a daggerzon. With no skill points spent, she killed Diablo with a Diggler, three parts of Cathan's set (amulet, armour, ring), two parts of Hsaru's set (belt, boots) and a hat with two jewels of envy socketed. The Pelta Lunata shield finished the outfit, along with a rare ring she picked up along the way. A dagger with charges of Dim Vision on weapon swap got her through the Chaos Sanctuary with no deaths.

Diablo dropped another rare dagger with a bit more damage than the Diggler and charges of Weaken. That got her all the way to Baal, and still no skill points spent.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Mar 30 2005, 09:31 AM Wrote:I have a project on the go with a daggerzon.  With no skill points spent, she killed Diablo with a Diggler, three parts of Cathan's set (amulet, armour, ring), two parts of Hsaru's set (belt, boots) and a hat with two jewels of envy socketed.  The Pelta Lunata shield finished the outfit, along with a rare ring she picked up along the way.  A dagger with charges of Dim Vision on weapon swap got her through the Chaos Sanctuary with no deaths. 

Diablo dropped another rare dagger with a bit more damage than the Diggler and charges of Weaken.  That got her all the way to Baal, and still no skill points spent.
[right][snapback]72438[/snapback][/right]

Variant Scum! :w00t: Have you no respect for the Lord of Destruction? The very game is named after him, and you eschew skills?

Disclaimer: Pot calling the kettle black . . .

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Mar 30 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:Disclaimer:  Pot calling the kettle black . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]72473[/snapback][/right]

*grins*

So that was why you called that character 'GrecianFormula'? And here I thought it was a salute to those grey hairs you wish you didn't have....

*ducks and runs*
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

hey man um if u want to mak ea bowazon i have made 1 with mavs a while back get 15 multishot pointless after 15 max guided freezing arrow 5 for physical immune max strife i love that skill and get ur passive skills up to around 7 each my char wasnt bad aoh yeah dont forget a valk lv 15
Wu-Tang,Jun 22 2005, 02: Wrote:hey man um if u want to mak ea bowazon i have made 1 with mavs a while back get 15 multishot pointless after 15 max guided freezing arrow 5 for physical immune  max strife i love that skill and get ur passive skills up to around 7 each my char wasnt bad aoh yeah dont forget a valk lv 15
[right][snapback]81334[/snapback][/right]

Let's see if I can break this down in a way that I'll be able to understand it.
1. You've created a M'avina-based bowazon before.
2. Put 15 points into Multishot
3. Put 15 points into Freezing Arrow
4. Put 5 points in ?physical immune?
5. Put 20 points in strife
6. Put 7 points into each passive skill
7. Put 15 points into Valkerie

Did I get that correct? How exactly would you run this char, what strategies work for you?