Who Plays Too Much?
OK let's whittle this down to the toons that I've actually played in the last month.

Stormrage:
Taranna - 60
Gnolack - 60
Balador - 60
Flitz - 36
Gnoldran - 38
Evilbenny - 12
Pagekeeper - 7 (auction alt but I'm on him a fair bit still)

Terenas:
Marn Truehorn - 60
Kati la Ine - 55
Takishidu - 28
Krashenk - 33
Kam Greyhoof - 28
Shari - 15
Feverfor - 10 (auction alt but again he is online a fair bit)

That whittles it down to what?
1621 on the Bolt-o-meter and 25021 on the Darian squares.

I still have 10 other undeleted toons not in that list anywhere from L10 to L31.

Of course I know that I play way way too much. I really don't want to add up /played. I'm pretty sure all my L60's are over 40 days /played. I'm think Marn, Gnolack, and Balador are all over 60 days /played. So that is way way way too much.

And people wonder why I might not get Burning Crusade when it comes out.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Alrin - 60
Adraeth - 60
Davian - 60
Telsak - 60
Renwick - 60
Feorn - 51
Serafim - 32
Ayrin - 32
Chaoti - 35
( Xaos - 60 druid Medivh-Europe )

Ugh, I suck at math but those are my toons currently.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
I think /played is the only way of answering the question "do you play too much?".

Counting levels only measures one kind of playstyle: the type of person who levels lots of different characters to 60. It doesn't take account people who choose to play one character extensively. One person in our guild only has 1 character - but his /played on that character was over 130 days (probably higher now - that was a couple of months back).

There's also the matter of PvP. Counting levels doesn't give any credit to someone who's decided to grind up the honor ladder.

My count: 2 level 60s, and closing in on a third. 72 days played on my main.

Chris
Not specifically responding to anything in particular, but here's an interesting study posted on Gamasutra:

Addiction and the Structural Characteristics of Massively Multiplayer Online Games