Cubing 40/15's
I searched for a topic on this, but couldn't find one, so here goes.

Is it at all worthwhile to use the 3 pgem formula to reroll blue jewels, looking for 40/15 ED/IAS jewels? Arreat gives level of Ruby at 66 and Fervor at 39, so would any ilvl 66 blue jewel work, or are there further restrictions?

Are the chances so low that it's simply a waste of pgems? Because I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, and they seem to be quite rare.

What is the earliest a ruby/fervor jewel could potentially drop?

Ironically, I have a Fervor and a perfect Ruby... just on two separate jewels. :(

P.S. still cubing away with chips and flawlesses hunting for a socketed cruel. no luck yet.
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
Kasreyn,Jun 23 2005, 02:22 AM Wrote:I searched for a topic on this, but couldn't find one, so here goes.

Is it at all worthwhile to use the 3 pgem formula to reroll blue jewels, looking for 40/15 ED/IAS jewels?  Arreat gives level of Ruby at 66 and Fervor at 39, so would any ilvl 66 blue jewel work, or are there further restrictions?

Are the chances so low that it's simply a waste of pgems?  Because I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, and they seem to be quite rare.

What is the earliest a ruby/fervor jewel could potentially drop?

Ironically, I have a Fervor and a perfect Ruby...  just on two separate jewels.  :(

P.S.  still cubing away with chips and flawlesses hunting for a socketed cruel.  no luck yet.
[right][snapback]81391[/snapback][/right]

You just need an ilvl 66+ jewel to reroll. However, at best, there's a 1/3,451 chance of that affix, so be prepared to burn an average of 10,353 perfect gems per 40/15.
adeyke,Jun 23 2005, 05:12 AM Wrote:You just need an ilvl 66+ jewel to reroll.  However, at best, there's a 1/3,451 chance of that affix, so be prepared to burn an average of 10,353 perfect gems per 40/15.
[right][snapback]81402[/snapback][/right]

Christ, that's a lot of gems. Curious, where does it show likelyhoods of getting specific affixes and prefixes? Would definately like to take a look at that list.
SetBuilder,Jun 26 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:Christ, that's a lot of gems. Curious, where does it show likelyhoods of getting specific affixes and prefixes? Would definately like to take a look at that list.
[right][snapback]81705[/snapback][/right]

Clicky
adeyke,Jun 26 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:Clicky
[right][snapback]81707[/snapback][/right]

Wow. Sweet calc. Thanks a bunch.
Is there any way to tell what ilvl and such is for a jewel w/o mh? i dont use anything so i wonder if u look for certain prefix or something?

EDIT: Sorry if this is dumb question... but of course i don't want to waste tons of pgems either ^_^
[Image: LokebyGeorge.gif]
LokeTheDragon,Jul 1 2005, 09:20 PM Wrote:Is there any way to tell what ilvl and such is for a jewel w/o mh?  i dont use anything so i wonder if u look for certain prefix or something?

EDIT: Sorry if this is dumb question... but of course i don't want to waste tons of pgems either  ^_^
[right][snapback]82273[/snapback][/right]

You'd have to know where you get the jewel from. The ilvl of a dropped item is equal to the mlvl of the monster that drops it.
adeyke,Jul 2 2005, 12:16 AM Wrote:You'd have to know where you get the jewel from.  The ilvl of a dropped item is equal to the mlvl of the monster that drops it.
[right][snapback]82275[/snapback][/right]

k thanks...now to only find a way to keep up with where what was found :D
[Image: LokebyGeorge.gif]