Various bugs and sploits!
So recently I've been disgusted with what guilds will do to get a kill on a major boss in the game. So here's a list of some things that are currently bugged and being taken advantage of.

On any encounter in the game you can log people out at the spot and remove them from the raid so that if your full 40 man raid loses any people during the course of the battle you can replace them with these parked chars. Used mainly on az/rag. Yes, this has been done at least twice that I know of on SR.

Majordomo's guards can be pulled without domo so that he doesn't put up shields on them. You can engage him at your own leisure just as long as you do it before the last guard dies.

Instance staggering.... is this over? It was being taken advantage of by at least one major raiding guild on my server.

There are plenty of places you can path to that you're not supposed to in CTF, Skan's seen first hand that guilds are using it to park the flag carrier so that seeker rogues cannot get to him unless they know how to get there (usually it's hard as hell and requires lots of practice). You can also path completely up the wall to get on top of the other teams base without setting foot in the tunnel, this one is well used as well.

Azuregos and Kazzak's "random" timer has been figured out by a major guild *cough* they have a huge website with sekretz *cough*. They have handed it out to a few guilds since and they are able to completely plan out raiding weeks and factor in getting those bosses.

Note: Please censor this if any feel too much like a cheaters guide to ruining the game. I have been quite upset to learn that blizzard REFUSES to ban people for doing this kind of crap. Grats other guilds on your tainted ragnaros kills.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Jun 29 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Note:  Please censor this if any feel too much like a cheaters guide to ruining the game.  I have been quite upset to learn that blizzard REFUSES to ban people for doing this kind of crap.  Grats other guilds on your tainted ragnaros kills.

Not a problem. Discussing bugs and exploits is fine. It's just encouraging people to use them that isn't. Thanks for the info. Some of this was new to me.

Quote:Azuregos and Kazzak's "random" timer has been figured out by a major guild *cough* they have a huge website with sekretz *cough*. They have handed it out to a few guilds since and they are able to completely plan out raiding weeks and factor in getting those bosses.

I knew their spawns weren't random, but I didn't have enough exact data to create an exact pattern. However, for a while on Tichondrius, Azeregos's and Kazzak's spawns were sync'd up such that Kazzak would always spawn a few hours after Azeregos did. This was common enough knowledge on the server that every time someone mentioned Azuregos being up, the automatic response was, "Oh? Better check up on Kazzak."

Quote:Majordomo's guards can be pulled without domo so that he doesn't put up shields on them. You can engage him at your own leisure just as long as you do it before the last guard dies.

Interesting. I'd never heard of this. However, I don't understand your mention of "You can engage him...," since the whole idea of the encounter is not to kill him, so that he summons Ragnaros. Do some guilds try to kill Domo to get some extra loot or something?
MongoJerry,Jun 29 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:Interesting.  I'd never heard of this.  However, I don't understand your mention of "You can engage him...," since the whole idea of the encounter is not to kill him, so that he summons Ragnaros.  Do some guilds try to kill Domo to get some extra loot or something?
[right][snapback]82008[/snapback][/right]

But you need him to turn friendly and summon a chest, and if this transition is not triggered in any way, it will probably not occur. Not that I even knew about such a bug, but it doesn't seem too farfetched given Blizzards sloppiness (cough*WSGteleport*cough)

Interesting. I'd never heard of this. However, I don't understand your mention of "You can engage him...," since the whole idea of the encounter is not to kill him, so that he summons Ragnaros. Do some guilds try to kill Domo to get some extra loot or something?

You have to aggro him for him to submit. So you just send a warrior in at the last second so he will submit after most of his guards are dead.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Jun 29 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:Azuregos and Kazzak's "random" timer has been figured out by a major guild *cough* they have a huge website with sekretz *cough*.  They have handed it out to a few guilds since and they are able to completely plan out raiding weeks and factor in getting those bosses.

OK, I'm dying to know this info. Do you have a link or know how it works? I've been having this argument with a player in the Offenders guild who is also a GM. Every time the subject comes up on the spawn timers of Azuregos and Kazzak, he always comes back with the official line of "The spawns are random on a 2-5 day timer." He says this despite the fact that for five weeks on Tichondrius, Kazzak always spawned less than a couple hours after Azuregos. Azuregos always spawned first, Kazzak always spawned second, and always close together. This is not a random occurance. If it were random, sometimes Kazzak would've spawned first. Sometimes, Azuregos would spawn (say, after 2 days) and then Kazzak would spawn a couple days later or vice versa. But that didn't happen, so it's clear that the mechanism isn't purely random.

So, anyway, I would love to know what the system really is and yeah dish out a little "I told you so." Any info?
Perhaps he's being clever with his wording? What if the spawn of Azuregos is random on a 2-5 day timer, and Kazzak spawn is dependent upon Azuregos? Then it's arguably correct to say "The spawns are random on a 2-5 day timer.", since the controlling event (Azuregos spawning) is random. I'll grant that the wording implies that the events are both random, but it doesn't seem to state such explicitly. :)
NotSoDarklord,Jun 29 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:Azuregos and Kazzak's "random" timer has been figured out by a major guild *cough* they have a huge website with sekretz *cough*.  They have handed it out to a few guilds since and they are able to completely plan out raiding weeks and factor in getting those bosses.
[right][snapback]81995[/snapback][/right]

Very interesting. Kazzak drops Mass of McGowan aside from other stuff. I will watch the AH on my server for this. It seems that there are already professional item-farmers on my server. I wonder when they will catch up to this.

The funny thing is that this camping of high-level named monsters is not new. Other MMORPGs have this for a long time. Even to such an extent that people or guilds would monopolize the spawn spots and out-pull the competition every time.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!