THE OLYMPICS!
So I got an idea after running around Dire Maul the other day, and I think it'd be hella fun. I think we should have our version of the Olympics, Lurkers, Keepers of the Cheese, Carpe Aurum, and the rest of our allies.

What is this you ask?

My proposal. Have 5 man groups set up to compete in the Dire Maul arena. Last man standing matches. Pick a night and match teams up against one another. Depending on how many teams we have, we'll have rounds. Prizes for the winners will be determined as soon as I see what kind of interest this generates.

So yes. You like? Good. Sign up by replying to this thread.

Now then, about the groups: I thought forming 5 man teams on your own would be fun, BUT . . . there's only one Darian, only one Tal, etc etc. Not everyone is going to be happy if we do that. So my idea is this: sign up here and send me a message with people you'd LIKE to group with (and a point? I'm not going to seperate say Treesh and GG, for example - I'm not an ogress). I'll form the groups and do everything in my power to make people happy and keep the playing field even. As I'm the event coordinator, I won't be participating - I'll be prize bitch AND non-combat rez'er for the groups.

I think this is the only fair way to go about it. No favoratism and sore feelings that way.

So yes. Spread the word. This is for all level brackets (depending on participation, of course) the breakdowns being by decade:

50 - 60
40 - 50

etc. etc.

We can summon the lower levels to Dire Maul if need be (Cough - Arethor, I LOVE YOU). I honestly believe we'd have a BLAST doing this. Of course, this gives us the oppotunity to have all mage free for alls, all warrior free for alls and so on. The all priest free for all would take days, so healers, sorry, but it's a no go. Vilatra and I tried to beat each other up the other day and it sucked. *grins*

So go us! My proposed date is Tuesday the 21st, 8 o'clock start time. If that night is not going to work, let me know. And if you want to come and have more than one character? Yes, please reply here with your attendance AND which toon you want to bring.

ROCK ON!
I'll be there. I can bring Shal or Shar depending on what class is needed to compete against.
You can pretty much count me in, as if I had a choice. :P Jsut need to doublecheck the date
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Official Big Daddy Tank Seal of Approval/RSVP.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
I'll join in with Ramala :) Others maybe depending on the outcome.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hillary,Jun 14 2005, 08:02 AM Wrote:So I got an idea after running around Dire Maul the other day, and I think it'd be hella fun. I think we should have our version of the Olympics, Lurkers, Keepers of the Cheese, Carpe Aurum, and the rest of our allies.

What is this you ask?

My proposal. Have 5 man groups set up to compete in the Dire Maul arena. Last man standing matches. Pick a night and match teams up against one another. Depending on how many teams we have, we'll have rounds. Prizes for the winners will be determined as soon as I see what kind of interest this generates.

So yes. You like? Good. Sign up by replying to this thread.

Now then, about the groups: I thought forming 5 man teams on your own would be fun, BUT . . . there's only one Darian, only one Tal, etc etc. Not everyone is going to be happy if we do that. So my idea is this: sign up here and send me a message with people you'd LIKE to group with (and a point? I'm not going to seperate say Treesh and GG, for example - I'm not an ogress). I'll form the groups and do everything in my power to make people happy and keep the playing field even. As I'm the event coordinator, I won't be participating - I'll be prize bitch AND non-combat rez'er for the groups.

I think this is the only fair way to go about it. No favoratism and sore feelings that way. 

So yes. Spread the word. This is for all level brackets (depending on participation, of course) the breakdowns being by decade:

50 - 60
40 - 50

etc. etc.

We can summon the lower levels to Dire Maul if need be (Cough - Arethor, I LOVE YOU). I honestly believe we'd have a BLAST doing this. Of course, this gives us the oppotunity to have all mage free for alls, all warrior free for alls and so on. The all priest free for all would take days, so healers, sorry, but it's a no go. Vilatra and I tried to beat each other up the other day and it sucked. *grins*

So go us! My proposed date is Tuesday the 21st, 8 o'clock start time. If that night is not going to work, let me know. And if you want to come and have more than one character? Yes, please reply here with your attendance AND which toon you want to bring.

ROCK ON!
[right][snapback]80529[/snapback][/right]
I would love this! But, Tuesday's my son plays T-ball at that time.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I can't make anything on Tuesdays till 8:30 for the next few weeks, so I'll check in with you when I get on and see if there are any mage slots need filling.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
This sounds interesting to me but I'm never home earlier than 9-9:30 on Tuesdays. If it switches to another night or if we start later I might be able to come. Otherwise have fun! :)

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
This actually seems to be an across-the-board thing.

SOOOO

The 5 man group things will start around 9/9:30. General mayhem with the class stuff will start around 8. But the actual groups will be later.