It's About Bloody Time
Clickity.

It's about time they got around to making this right.

It's never to late to make something right.

The KKK is already out in full force, saying that it's wrong to put an old man on trial. Although, I am betting, if that old man were another colour, the KKK would be all for putting him on trial if the situation was reversed.

I dunno.

I can only hope the right thing will be done this time, and that old bones can finally be brought to rest, and all these old wounds will finally have a chance to heal. God knows that's what we need more than anything.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 13 2005, 08:13 AM Wrote:Clickity.

Doc, was this the same case that was covered in the film Mississipi Burning? WIllem Dafoe and Gene Hackman.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 13 2005, 09:19 AM Wrote:Doc, was this the same case that was covered in the film Mississipi Burning?  WIllem Dafoe and Gene Hackman.

Occhi
[right][snapback]80389[/snapback][/right]

Yes. And a lot of people literally got away with murder.

This was back when the Klan controlled everything. The churches, the courts, various seats of power in state government, and even had sway at federal court level.

It happened once, and can and will happen again if we are not watchful of our now waking enemy.

They are coming back you know... Which alarms me greatly. As of late, they are becoming a political force again, gathering strength on the racial tensions of all the jobs lost over seas, feeding on hated as they have always done.

Quite a rally is expected to come to this old man's defense... We shall see. I fear this man becoming a media martyr for the "Minority Caucasian" race and their terrible oppression, the loss of their culture and racial purity. Damnit, that's all we need is to start making non white folks sensationalised as boogeymen again.

Sorry. But this does have me a bit nervous. I don't expect you to understand my feelings, some of you might... I dunno. But this has me nervous. This and other things. Some twat was on the radio the other night carrying on about the plight of the white race, and how it is an endangered species, and how the other races are conspiring against them to wipe them out as revenge for things that "never really happened" or "things blown out of proportion" in the past. He was nattering on about how the white race had been demonised and how it was going to be slowly wiped out because people had forgotten their white pride and were breeding with other races, and how we need some proper education in the schools to prevent this from happening. You may laugh... But talk like this can scare a lot of folks where I live, scare them badly and when the ignorant masses are scared, that's usually when they, the KKK, step in and sooth their fears by making empty promises of preserving their way of life and culture.

He even talked about the concentration camps, and how they didn't really exist, it was just propaganda to make the other races hate the white race, so nobody would feel bad when the white race was slowly bred out of the world. Yeah, haha funny, how could anybody be dumb enough to believe that you might think... Well, where I live, there are countless numbers of ignorant masses that really do believe that the concentration camps didn't happen.

All this talk frightens me. And seeing this, and the reaction to it, and now major Klan involvement, has me concerned. And no matter what you might think, these are not idle concerns... Every time in history the Klan has been declared dead, it has always revived it self.

I am rambling aren't I? This does have me worried. Look at me, babbling on about this. I just don't like this at all.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Not to long ago, a teacher with ties to the KKK was suspended from his job.

In his class, he taught that the camps were all lies, spread by enemies of the white race. He went on to say to his students that there was a chance he would lose his job for telling them the truth, and that people might come after he is taken away to erase this truth and fill their heads with lies.

Well, he was suspended, and people did go into his class as he promised, and had a special crash course on the camps, complete with a slide show.

I wonder, how many of those impressionable kids might have believed the teacher's words, because he said that was going to happen.

How much harm had been done?

Stuff like this keeps me awake at night.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 13 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:Yes. And a lot of people literally got away with murder.

This was back when the Klan controlled everything. The churches, the courts, various seats of power in state government, and even had sway at federal court level.

==snip rambling==

I am rambling aren't I? This does have me worried. Look at me, babbling on about this. I just don't like this at all.
[right][snapback]80392[/snapback][/right]

Yes, Doc, you are rambling. Are you extrapolating local to national?

Are all White Nationalist groups "the Klan?" As I understand the matter, no. Aryan Brotherhood, Order of the Camelia (IIRC), Da Klan, American Nazi Party, and others have differing agendas, though their common themes include opposition to inter racial marriages and procreation, segregation as a policy, and so on. Not monolithic, unless Zionism is monolithic, Islam is Monolithic, Christianity is Monolithic, Communism is monolithic (though the International structure was intended that way) . . .

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 13 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:Yes, Doc, you are rambling.  Are you extrapolating local to national?

Are all White Nationalist groups "the Klan?"  As I understand the matter, no.  Aryan Brotherhood, Order of the Camelia (IIRC), Da Klan, American Nazi Party, and others have differing agendas, though their common themes include opposition to inter racial marriages and procreation, segregation as a policy, and so on.  Not monolithic, unless Zionism is monolithic, Islam is Monolithic, Christianity is Monolithic, Communism is monolithic (though the International structure was intended that way)  . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]80399[/snapback][/right]

A lot of those splinter groups exist under an umbrella of support from the Grandfather Klan. The Klan calls it self by many names now, but most commonly is known as the American Patriot's Society. They wear red white and blue suits. They don't come off as racists much... They don't say the N word often. They promote family values and "The American Way." A lot of folks don't even realise they are infact, the Klan.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 13 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:A lot of those splinter groups exist under an umbrella of support from the Grandfather Klan. The Klan calls it self by many names now, but most commonly is known as the American Patriot's Society. They wear red white and blue suits. They don't come off as racists much... They don't say the N word often. They promote family values and "The American Way." A lot of folks don't even realise they are infact, the Klan.
[right][snapback]80401[/snapback][/right]
Oh, dear. That's truly unpleasant to think about. :ph34r: And of course, any attempt to warn these people about what they're into will be dismissed as conspiracy theorists trying to get their fifteen minutes.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
The Klan learned a great deal in it's last incarnation of power. They became a very large entity with a broad base of power. They drew in millions of dollars from church collection plates and from various fund raisers, as well as private investors with deep pockets and political connections.

They learned something. When their base of power was stripped away, IE, all of the churches silently supporting them with funding and doubling as a recruiting grounds, when this base of power was stripped away they crumbled and fell down hard.

I seriously doubt this new incarnation that seems to be gaining strength will work in the same way. I doubt they will let themselves get to large as one united group, but will instead siphon off members, financing, and resources to smaller less noticeable splinter cells. Some of them might even pose at legit businesses and groups. This is merely my educated opinion, but it already looks to be going that way.

The bit about the teacher worries me, worries me in the same way suicide bombers worry me. He knew his career would get canned... He was counting on it to reinforce his message. He went in knowing full well that he was going to detonate just like a suicide bomber... And went out in a self destructive bang. I worry a great deal about more folks in these sorts of positions doing more of this in the future. The next generation needs to be won over... And most of them really are ignorant and stupid about the mistakes in the past... They can barely remember what TV told them was cool just a week before. Something like this might leave lasting seeds in their mind which might sprout into terrible weeds when they get older and get frusterated for whatever reason, like getting a job.

In a recent survey conducted by a private research group, they did a survey of kids in my local school system. I don't remember the exact percent number, but a strong majority of them thought the Civil Rights Movement that took place in the last generation was when America gained it's independance from the Brits. And these were kids in varying ages, ranging from 5th to 12th grades.

To quote a song from that last generation... "Teach your children well."
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
If he's guilty I hope he pays. I am glad there is no statute of limitations on murder.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Ever see a Black Muslim teaching children - hard to say how much harm was done.

Dont get me wrong I hate the Klan and dont like any doctrinal racists, but I think you have a paranoia that really doesnt fir the world we actually live in.
Ghostiger,Jun 13 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:Dont get me wrong I hate the Klan and dont like any doctrinal racists, but I think you have a paranoia that really doesnt fir the world we actually live in.
[right][snapback]80471[/snapback][/right]
Paranoia doesn't fit the world we live in? Explain.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
It fit much of the US 30 years ago. It doesnt now.

At one time the Klan was a large dangerous organization. Its still bad but it isnt powerful in the vast majority of the country.

He gave an example of them influencing children to show they are still dangerous, but its not really any different than the Black Muslims lecturing children or any other racist group doing the same.
Ghostiger,Jun 14 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:It fit much of the US 30 years ago.  It doesnt now.

At one time the Klan was a large dangerous organization.  Its still bad but it isnt powerful in the vast majority of the  country.

He gave an example of them influencing children to show they are still dangerous, but its not really any different than the Black Muslims lecturing children or any other racist group doing the same.
[right][snapback]80610[/snapback][/right]

Like PC focused College Professors, for example? Corruption most vile! Their racist hatred of average American Males knows know bounds.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Actually I was thinking strickly in terms of racism or ethnic hatred.
Every time the Klan has been announced as "Destroyed" or "Powerless" they have always made a come back, in a newer, stronger incarnation.

As long as there is ignorance and hate, they will rise from their own ashes.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 14 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:Every time the Klan has been announced as "Destroyed" or "Powerless" they have always made a come back, in a newer, stronger incarnation.

[right][snapback]80637[/snapback][/right]

Hmm

1 I think youre wrong. in my case I know that where I live the Klan was active enough to be seen back in the early 30s(even though we have practically no black residents in the county even now) and its essentially gone now and has been for 50 years. They say a motorcycle club about 60 miles from my house is a front for the Klan, it seems to be just a few looser trailer trash, not exactly a force.

2 No one here used either of those words. I would use the word "diminished".
Ghostiger,Jun 14 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:Actually I was thinking strickly in terms of racism or ethnic hatred.
[right][snapback]80634[/snapback][/right]

I consider it ethnic hatred to discriminate so blatantly against white males, as the PC jerks are so fond of doing. Or, do you also play the double standard game?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 14 2005, 09:24 PM Wrote:I consider it ethnic hatred to discriminate so blatantly against white males, as the PC jerks are so fond of doing.  Or, do you also play the double standard game?

Occhi
[right][snapback]80651[/snapback][/right]

Im a white male. I went to college. I had the obnoxious liberal proffs.

You could call it discimination I guess. I called it a learning experience.

I dont consider picking on college kids unfairly to be the same class of evil as teaching little children to hate.
Occhidiangela,Jun 15 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:I consider it ethnic hatred to discriminate so blatantly against white males, as the PC jerks are so fond of doing.  Or, do you also play the double standard game?

Occhi
[right][snapback]80651[/snapback][/right]

Have you read "The Myth of Male Power" (Warren Farrell)?

I think you would like it.

I wont give a synopsis since it is such a profound book.
I consider it discrimination to ask about race on college or job apps. Or any sort of paperwork. If it truly doesn't matter (as is the point of this whole racial equality thing), it should never occur to them to ask about it.