You don't need to speak Swedish...
...but I suspect Jarulf and the rest of us Scandinavians who do understand what she's saying will get an extra kick out of this. It's the end of a news broadcast:
Clickie
I must have seen this clip a dozen times by now, and I crack up every time :)

There really is no place to run once "it's" out there, especially if you have a hyper-sensitive microphone attached to your person that will pick up even the slightest bodily function.. :P

Come to think of it, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Sure, newsmen and women sometimes mince words and need to take a step back and repeat themselves, but involuntary burps, belches and farts never occur as much on television as one might think. Still, we should be thankful. If not only for letting us watch a news broadcast without having it interrupted every 10 seconds for a spot of flatulence; when it does occur, it's all the more sweeter. :D
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
It's not even kinda funny if you have no sound.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Farts have always been, and will always be, funny :lol:
Yes, but was it those canned pickled fish herring in a yellow and red can that you can't open in any civilized area farts?

Can't think of the name, God they stink, the farts after even worse.

And Lutefisk.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Can we make fart jokes and discuss humorous fart-related stories in this thread? I think that this is reasonable.

My 2 1/2 year old son and my wife were playing Thomas the Tank Engine together. My son has a plethora of Thomas trains, and the both of them settled down to have a go. When my wife sat down she let out the tiniest, most feminine, almost inaudible fart.

brrreet!

My son was clanging around his trains and yelling "CHOO CHOO!" during this time. I don't know how he heard it. He must have magical ears or something.

My son said, "What's THAT noise?" :huh: (he seriously had that smiley's look on his face)

With careful misdirection I convinced him that our kitty made that noise. My wife and I were trying not to bust our innards laughing.
DeeBye,Jun 10 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:With careful misdirection I convinced him that our kitty made that noise.  My wife and I were trying not to bust our innards laughing.
[right][snapback]80121[/snapback][/right]
What's wrong with a kid knowing about flatulence?
DeeBye,Jun 9 2005, 11:51 PM Wrote:Can we make fart jokes and discuss humorous fart-related stories in this thread?  I think that this is reasonable.

My 2 1/2 year old son and my wife were playing Thomas the Tank Engine together.  My son has a plethora of Thomas trains, and the both of them settled down to have a go.  When my wife sat down she let out the tiniest, most feminine, almost inaudible fart.

brrreet!

My son was clanging around his trains and yelling "CHOO CHOO!" during this time.  I don't know how he heard it.  He must have magical ears or something.

My son said, "What's THAT noise?"  :huh:  (he seriously had that smiley's look on his face)

With careful misdirection I convinced him that our kitty made that noise.  My wife and I were trying not to bust our innards laughing.
[right][snapback]80121[/snapback][/right]

You just made this old man's night. ROFL!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
...wouldn't French be better?

It was funny though :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
[wcip]Angel,Jun 9 2005, Wrote:...but I suspect Jarulf and the rest of us Scandinavians who do understand what she's saying will get an extra kick out of this. It's the end of a news broadcast:
Clickie
I must have seen this clip a dozen times by now, and I crack up every time :)

There really is no place to run once "it's" out there, especially if you have a hyper-sensitive microphone attached to your person that will pick up even the slightest bodily function.. :P

Come to think of it, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Sure, newsmen and women sometimes mince words and need to take a step back and repeat themselves, but involuntary burps, belches and farts never occur as much on television as one might think. Still, we should be thankful. If not only for letting us watch a news broadcast without having it interrupted every 10 seconds for a spot of flatulence; when it does occur, it's all the more sweeter.  :D
[right][snapback]80057[/snapback][/right]

Ouch, if the cameraman had been a nicer fellow, or the producer, they'd have panned away instead of keeping her on a close up to just die there, second by second. Funny, but you really feel for her embarassment.

For whybish: Mrs Occhi's guidance, which is not uncommon among polite circles, suggests not that kids be kept ignorant of flatus, but that glorifying flatulence and drawing attention to farts via jokes is undesirable. As for me, I love fart jokes in good taste, and bad. That puts me in a bad odor with her now and again! :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
whyBish,Jun 10 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:What's wrong with a kid knowing about flatulence?
[right][snapback]80122[/snapback][/right]

Nothing at all. Trust me, my son knows what a fart is. One time he was sitting in my wife's lap and she smelled something a bit funky. She asked him "Did you toot?". My son goes "NO! FART!".