Question on cruel cubing
I have a simple question about cubing items in 1.10 Open (in case Open makes any difference). For instance, I have a blue Colossus Sword which I'm trying to make into a socketed Cruel. I haven't touched it yet. Using an editor - *without altering anything* so please don't jump on me - I checked its level; it's 87. (Dropped in WSK).

So which would serve me better: using the 3 pgem reroll, the 3 chip, the 3 normal, or the 3 flawless? I'm aware that all of these can get a cruel affix for me. I don't need to be told that. What I want to know is, will one of the recipes have a higher chance of cruel per transmute attempt? Ie., will the ilvl 30 from flawless recipe have a slightly higher chance of a cruel affix than the ilvl 25 from the chip recipe?

I'm assuming the answer is, "there's no difference in the probabilities", but I wanted to check anyway.
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
Kasreyn,Jun 9 2005, 04:53 AM Wrote:I have a simple question about cubing items in 1.10 Open (in case Open makes any difference).  For instance, I have a blue Colossus Sword which I'm trying to make into a socketed Cruel.  I haven't touched it yet.  Using an editor - *without altering anything* so please don't jump on me - I checked its level; it's 87.  (Dropped in WSK).

So which would serve me better:  using the 3 pgem reroll, the 3 chip, the 3 normal, or the 3 flawless?  I'm aware that all of these can get a cruel affix for me.  I don't need to be told that.  What I want to know is, will one of the recipes have a higher chance of cruel per transmute attempt?  Ie., will the ilvl 30 from flawless recipe have a slightly higher chance of a cruel affix than the ilvl 25 from the chip recipe?

I'm assuming the answer is, "there's no difference in the probabilities", but I wanted to check anyway.
[right][snapback]80030[/snapback][/right]

You'll have a somewhat higher chance of cruel with ilvl 25 or 30 (those two are equal), as there aren't as many affixes possible. Also, the perfect gem recipe doesn't add sockets, while the others do. So don't use perfect gems; use any of the other recipes.