Radio Shack is now Circuit City?
Rinnhart,Jun 6 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:Easier to just break the tooth out.
[right][snapback]79913[/snapback][/right]

No no no.

If done properly, a twisted tooth will make somebody tell where they gramamma hide her money. And just when they about to pass out from the pain, you give a good sharp yank. Wakes em right up, keeps em lively. No passing out and spoiling the fun.

Or so I hear. :whistling:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jun 6 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:BTW, it takes about 40 to 80 pounds of pull to wretch a tooth loose from it's socket. It helps if you twist it a few times before pulling.

Just thought you should know.
[right][snapback]79881[/snapback][/right]

Anecdote unrelated to original thread topic:

While I was in Basic training it was deemed neccesary to have my upper wisdom teeth removed. The dentist gave me 1 shot of novacaine to the inner and outer jaw area around each tooth and then left the room. A few minutes later he came back and told me that I "would experience a bit of pressure at each tooth." He put his knee up on the arm of the exam chair, placed his thumb on one of the offending molars, and pushed. After a second or two he let off, reached in with his other hand, grasped the tooth with his index finger and thumb, gave the tooth a little jiggle and it came right out, roots and all! Rinse and repeat.

Over the years I have had many teeth pulled (My roots didn't disolve on my baby teeth - they had to be pulled.) and this was by far the easiest extraction I had ever been through.

The dentist issued me some 800mg Motrins for pain relief and gave me a profile for "light duty work" for the rest of the day. The next day I had an 18 hour KP shift. I will always look upon 800mg Motrins with fondness.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
800mg Motrin...a blessing from the Lord.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!