Red Bull
Is this stuff legal? About a week ago I had one Red Bull at just about 8:30 at night, and right after, I played some intense dodgeball for about an hour and a half straight.

I was awake till approximatly 12:30 AM!

Is this because of the exercise, or because of the effect of the Red Bull? :unsure:
I have my own signature. Yay.
It is. Remember Surge and its even stronger British cousin Jolt? Red Bull, Mountain Dew's Amp and SoBe's Adrenaline Rush all have a caffeine knockout punch, as well as ginseng and guerana and other feelgood crap, and taurine, which as far as I can tell aids in metabolism, and various other vitamin supplements depending on the brand.

It's legal. Red Bull is nasty though; I prefer Adrenaline Rush. But beware--don't get hooked on the stuff, as it's just as bad as soft drinks, coffee, etc.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Zafarium,May 29 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:Is this because of the exercise, or because of the effect of the Red Bull?  :unsure:

Both. Exercise can keep you awake, which is the reason why medical doctors often advise that if you suffer from insomnia do not to try wearing yourself out with execise before sleeping. It'll only keep you up!

Red bull does what it says it will, it gives you a spurt of energy. But be careful, like Count Duckula said, it's addictive.

The sad fact of the matter is if you eat healthy, dont use caffiene and regularly exercise... you'll be more alert, more awake, and have long endurance, than anything from a can.

Too bad I'm hooked on the bean. The coffee bean that is.

Cheers,

Munk
If you never drink caffine its extremely potent.

I probably only drink caffiene 2 or 3 times a year. When I do drink it the effect is rather fantastic. A few years ago I drank coffee for a year and its shocking how diminished the effect becomes with daily consumption. It switches from being a great pick-me-up to just a way to regulate your sleep cycle.
Count Duckula,May 30 2005, 02:38 AM Wrote:It's legal. Red Bull is nasty though; I prefer Adrenaline Rush. But beware--don't get hooked on the stuff, as it's just as bad as soft drinks, coffee, etc.

Ducky's right: Red Bull is way nasty. It tastes like a fragrance. I think somebody pees in it, too. Around here we have something called Full Throttle made by Coca-Cola. Full Throttle tastes like gummi bears and costs a wholly unreasonable $2 per can. I suppose that's because to fill each can they have to juice a sleuth of gummibears. But I hear that Coke treats the gummibears very nicely prior to liquification. Even so, I fear PETA may become riled when they learn of this and launch a campaign to save the gummibears. And just wait until Pepsi releases their competing product that tastes like gummiworms. :(

-Lemmy
Zafarium,May 29 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:Is this stuff legal? About a week ago I had one Red Bull at just about 8:30 at night, and right after, I played some intense dodgeball for about an hour and a half straight.

I was awake till approximatly 12:30 AM!

Is this because of the exercise, or because of the effect of the Red Bull?  :unsure:
[right][snapback]78910[/snapback][/right]

If that's not enough for you try this:

Budweiser B(E)

"BE - BE takes beer to the next level - combining the drinkability and broad appeal of beer with caffeine, ginseng and guarana, BE is a beer remixed. Well balanced with select hops and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry, BE offers a lightly sweet and tart taste – with a “wow” factor in the finish. Tastes great on the rocks as well."

- Taken from the official Anheuser-Busch website.

Oh, and if you are seriously thinking about drinking one of these... Don't. Just get a jager-bomb instead. For those out of the loop thats a shot of jager dropped into a half can cup of Redbull and then chugged.
Chesspiece_face,May 30 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:If that's not enough for you try this:

Budweiser B(E)

"BE - BE takes beer to the next level - combining the drinkability and broad appeal of beer with caffeine, ginseng and guarana, BE  is a beer remixed.  Well balanced with select hops and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry, BE offers a lightly sweet and tart taste – with a “wow” factor in the finish.  Tastes great on the rocks as well."

-  Taken from the official Anheuser-Busch website.

Oh, and if you are seriously thinking about drinking one of these... Don't.  Just get a jager-bomb instead.  For those out of the loop thats a shot of jager dropped into a half can cup of Redbull and then chugged.
[right][snapback]78957[/snapback][/right]

I wish... I'm only fifteen eh? Are you soliciting alcohol to minors? I'm gonna report you buster!!

Just kidding :lol:
I have my own signature. Yay.
Zafarium,May 30 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:I wish... I'm only fifteen eh?  Are you soliciting alcohol to minors?  I'm gonna report you buster!! 
Just kidding  :lol:
[right][snapback]78961[/snapback][/right]

See and i debated putting a warning there for the underage viewers of this page. Damnit... at least i have chicken.