Google fun with searching "index of"
I guess you could call this a Google "hack", even though it's just using a search string to browse publicly viewable/downloadable folders. People save all kinds of crazy crap on their webhosts.

Code:
-inurl:html intitle:"index of"

If you want to look for specific filetypes or such, just add the search strings to the end.

eg. If I wanted to look for .mp3 files about the Simpsons, I would edit the search string to read
Code:
-inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "simpsons"

Oh no. I had better hide those naked pictures of DeeBye before it's too late!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,May 29 2005, 02:21 AM Wrote:Oh no.  I had better hide those naked pictures of DeeBye before it's too late!

-Bolty
[right][snapback]78846[/snapback][/right]

Hey! Those are private!
DeeBye,May 29 2005, 09:12 AM Wrote:Hey! Those are private!
[right][snapback]78864[/snapback][/right]
'Private' indeed. :blink:
DeeBye,May 29 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:I guess you could call this a Google "hack", even though it's just using a search string to browse publicly viewable/downloadable folders.  People save all kinds of crazy crap on their webhosts.

Code:
-inurl:html intitle:"index of"

If you want to look for specific filetypes or such, just add the search strings to the end.

eg. If I wanted to look for .mp3 files about the Simpsons, I would edit the search string to read
Code:
-inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "simpsons"
[right][snapback]78842[/snapback][/right]

Can you explain the syntax?