Hey this is suprisingly good beer!
I was wandering my local Beer Store, when something caught my eye. I'm a sucker for beer on sale, and this particular beer looked interesting. I don't know what the regular price was, but during this sale it is only $26.40 (inc. deposit) per case of 24. That's pretty cheap as far as Ontario beer goes.

The beer in question? Red Cap Ale. I asked a guy who was purchasing said beer if it was any good. He vigorously replied in the affirmative. I took a chance and bought some.

[Image: redcap5xm.jpg]

Yep, good beer. AAA++++ WILL DRINK AGAIN!!!! I love the cute little retro-style stubby bottles. The fact that it is brewed about an hour's drive east of me makes it even better.

ShadowHM, put down that Crystal and try a Red Cap Ale!

So, has anyone else tried any good beers lately?
DeeBye,May 28 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:So, has anyone else tried any good beers lately?

Since being back at my apartment in Boston I've been trying my hand with the local micro brews (the Shaws a block down from me keeps them on a weekly sale rotation).

Nothing of great note except maybe Shipyard export is a nice tasting ale, though not amongst the best.

On the import front I've enjoyed two German brews. The first is Beck's. A nice smooth beer, you know exactly what you're getting with this big name export. I've also enjoyed St. Pauli Girl from Germany. A bit lighter, but a nice beer to have while having a BBQ.

In the New England Area I must say Blackhook (hard to get your hands on, I had to go direct to the brewery) from the folks out at Redhook provided a delightful alternative to Guiness.

A word of warning: Stay away from JW Dundee's Honey Brown! I decided to try it, being suckered in by Shaw's low price. Its a full body beer, but with a very odd aftertaste. Its a nice idea to try honey, but its definitely not my cup of tea ;) .

Cheers,

Munk
Here in Québec, we have some pretty good local beers, the finest being brewed by Unibroue, which was started by singer Robert Charlebois back then, and is now owned by Sleeman.

Most of their products are strong beers, 8-9% alcohol contents, with very special tastes.

Give them a try if you live near Québec or are just passing by - though it may be available in other Canadian provinces, but I am not sure about that.

-D
DeeBye,May 28 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:AAA++++ WILL DRINK AGAIN!!!!
[right][snapback]78840[/snapback][/right]

what
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Daemon,May 30 2005, 07:51 AM Wrote:Here in Québec, we have some pretty good local beers, the finest being brewed by Unibroue, which was started by singer Robert Charlebois back then, and is now owned by Sleeman.

[right][snapback]78937[/snapback][/right]

Unibrou?

[Image: thatGuyUnibrow_copy.jpg]
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]