Like music?
Check out Magnatune

Magnatune.com is a website dedicated to helping musicians get their names out into the public. The artists aren't famous, and they aren't part of major record labels.

One cool feature is you get to preview all the music before you buy, if you so choose to buy it, that is.

EDIT: Ok, just got back from dinner.

Another thing I really like about this site is that if you do choose to purchase the msuic, there are two options.

A) You pay for the music and you get to download it and if you want burn it to CD.
B) Magnatune.com burns the CD for you and sends you the album via mail (world shipping is available).

The amount is the coolest part, in my opinion. You get to choose how much you pay. There is a minimum of 5 USD a maximum of 18 USD. Half of what you pay goes to the artist, Magnatune.com keeps the other half for production and other things like that. The artists are actually getting a decent amount of return for the product they put out.

Courtney Love wrote an excellent article explaining many things about the music industry that I was unaware of. The article can be found here. Careful, the article is six pages long, don't hurt yourselves! :D

Let me know what you all think!
WWBBD?
I did not read the article but I have a bad opinion about the music business already.

Only crappy artists get famous, so the labels can make money.

I also stopped buying music....just because I don't want t sponser them. If I find some nice music (for free) and I really like the artist, I will buy a t-shirt or go to a concert (to sponsor him a bit), but I'm not going to buy a new album for 20 euros of which the artist gets 6 cents.

And of course like the dead kennedys said: MTV get off the air!!
eppie,May 27 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:And of course like the dead kennedys said: MTV get off the air!!
[right][snapback]78705[/snapback][/right]

Yes, please.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thats very cool.