Hellgate: London trailer
Can be downloaded from

Hellgate: London downloads

Quite recommended, though whether or not it bears any resemblance to the actual game, I cannot say.
Holy smokes that was great! I'll try to get a few screenshots up in a bit.
Screens from the megalarge version.

[Image: 10ib.jpg]
[Image: 28qt.jpg]
Stay away from crack.
[Image: 37rf.jpg]
[Image: 48sx.jpg]
[Image: 53bu.jpg]
[Image: 66jn.jpg]
[Image: 76jf.jpg]
[Image: 80yb.jpg]
Impressed I am not. Flashy graphics do not a game make. Prerendered cutscenes those most likely are.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,May 23 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:Impressed I am not. Flashy graphics do not a game make. Prerendered cutscenes those most likely are.
[right][snapback]78296[/snapback][/right]

That is what I thought. I still think it will be a fairly good game, from what I have read so far. It *IS* from the creators of Diablo (well, most of them). We will see what the future brings!
WWBBD?
DeeBye,May 22 2005, 11:48 PM Wrote:Screens from the megalarge version.
Stay away from crack.
[Image: 37rf.jpg]

OK, someone finally addressed the logistics of how a female knight in shining armor handles Nature's Call with out a crowbar and torque wrench.

That said, gratuitous flesh . . . wait, this is a video game. Never mind.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 23 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:OK, someone finally addressed the logistics of how a female knight in shining armor handles Nature's Call with out a crowbar and torque wrench.

That said, gratuitous flesh . . . wait, this is a video game.  Never mind.

Occhi
[right][snapback]78334[/snapback][/right]

There has been a trend toward using body paint and calling it "clothing." Perhaps that is what we are seeing here...

It reminds me of the character 7 of 9 on Star Trek Voyager. In an interview she stated that if nature called she required around 20 minutes to peel herself out of costume, do the neccesary, and reclothe.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Thecla,May 22 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:Can be downloaded from

Hellgate: London downloads

Quite recommended, though whether or not it bears any resemblance to the actual game, I cannot say.
[right][snapback]78282[/snapback][/right]

Thecla, are you done with GW?

-A
It looks like Doom 3 in a way. I think the only to kill a demon is to slit it's throat, hack down to pieces, or cast a spell on it, NOT with guns. And why does it have to be in bloody London?
Encore,May 23 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:It looks like Doom 3 in a way. I think the only to kill a demon is to slit it's throat, hack down to pieces, or cast a spell on it, NOT with guns. And why does it have to be in bloody London?
[right][snapback]78377[/snapback][/right]
Natural dungeons was cited as the cause. Subways and stuff create inherent underground areas. However...

The Gamespot preview (or one of them, don't know which) said that the game would use London geography, then said that there would be randomized maps. Both are cool. However, that seems just a wee bit contradictory, methinks.

This game "looks" great, though I feel sure that it's not what gameplay is going to look like. Still a good intro to the atmosphere, monsters, and Templar that seem likely to be included to this point. Gogo Holy Nova!

A 2006 release also indicates that WoW and D2 will be sticking around on my hard drive for another year or so...but probably more.
The cinema looked great but, as others stated above, no indication was given of how the game itself would look/handle. Should be interesting to see how this game pans out - expectations seem high all around.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,May 23 2005, 11:46 PM Wrote:The cinema looked great but, as others stated above, no indication was given of how the game itself would look/handle. Should be interesting to see how this game pans out - expectations seem high all around.
[right][snapback]78406[/snapback][/right]

All I want is just a little glimpse of the UI. A bit of actual gameplay footage would be heaven. I'm hoping for the best out of this game based on the brains behind it.
DeeBye,May 23 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:All I want is just a little glimpse of the UI.  A bit of actual gameplay footage would be heaven.  I'm hoping for the best out of this game based on the brains behind it.
[right][snapback]78407[/snapback][/right]
I must admit I don't think we'll see that for a while yet. I've been looking back at the old old content at Dii.net and there are many pictures using D1 interfaces, featuring no interfaces, stripped of icons...

That said, the interface has always been a huge thing for Blizzard (in terms of having one that's simple and powerful) so I'm hoping it will be some sort of early barometer for how well the rest of the game is going. Certainly there's some vile monsters out there already...I am thrilled!
Gregorius,May 23 2005, 11:59 PM Wrote:That said, the interface has always been a huge thing for Blizzard (in terms of having one that's simple and powerful) so I'm hoping it will be some sort of early barometer for how well the rest of the game is going.
[right][snapback]78408[/snapback][/right]

I've always thought that Blizzard games (can we even characterise Hellgate as a "Blizzard game"?) are the best because you can just jump into one and start having fun. They are like Go. Easy to learn but hard to master. The slick UI Blizzard puts into its games is just an extension of that philosophy. I hope Hellgate follows that philosophy.
DeeBye,May 23 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:I've always thought that Blizzard games (can we even characterise Hellgate as a "Blizzard game"?) are the best because you can just jump into one and start having fun.  They are like Go.  Easy to learn but hard to master.  The slick UI Blizzard puts into its games is just an extension of that philosophy.  I hope Hellgate follows that philosophy.
[right][snapback]78409[/snapback][/right]
Gogo Go!

That's what I was trying to indicate, though I suppose I should have specified a bit more. And yes, I would consider this a Blizzard game. It's certainly looking to me (though I haven't played GW yet) that Blizzard hasn't been substantially hurt by the movement of a lot of employees. Now granted, if DIII comes around it's possible that the Blizzard North emigration messed it over, but for the moment we have three companies as good as Blizzard!
The trailer not only looked good graphics-wise, it was cool as hell to watch.

However, as has been previously stated: "graphics does not a game make." There's a gameplay-trailer floating around on gamespot. The actual game looks like crap!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Ashock,May 23 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:Thecla, are you done with GW?
-A
[right][snapback]78350[/snapback][/right]

Heh, well I got busy and I guess you did overtake me. ;) But probably I'm not completely done. At some point, when I have time, I expect I'll finish the campaign and get my ranger up to lvl 20. I'm just not sure what, if anything, there will be to do after that, since I'm not really interested in the PvP side, and I'm not going to play a dumbsh... err I mean a warrior.

I do think randomization in games is a good thing though, and GW suffers from a lack of it.
Encore,May 23 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:... I think the only to kill a demon is to slit it's throat, hack down to pieces, or cast a spell on it, NOT with guns...]
[right][snapback]78377[/snapback][/right]
Well, depends on the spell.

"You nasty thing, from beyond the dead,
No matter what you think or do,
Good things will never come to you.
And if Evil is your black design,
You can bet the goodness of the Light Ones will—
Kick your— bad behind...?"

Have sword. Will travel. Treasures and comely tavern wenches a plus.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
DeeBye,May 23 2005, 08:55 PM Wrote:All I want is just a little glimpse of the UI.  A bit of actual gameplay footage would be heaven.  I'm hoping for the best out of this game based on the brains behind it.
[right][snapback]78407[/snapback][/right]

The problem is that the UI and the graphics themselves are often the last pieces of a game to be completed. Lots of time is spent working on core gameplay elements before anything is polished for the end user. Whatever UI they're using now might bear little or no resemblance to the final UI.

So, you can't really tell if a game is going to be good until the very end. Unfortunately, a lot of those little things that are added towards the end can make or break a game, even if it's a game with lots of potential.

There are definitely games that I'm looking forward to. But, I don't think it's possible to say whether a game will be good or not until it's actually released. There are so many little things that have to come together to make a great game.

Or maybe I've just become more choosy now that I have limited time to play. :(
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete