See the Black Cocks in action
Video link:

http://xtramsn.co.nz/sport/0,,12021-4479195-300,00.html

Article:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id...D=10331117

And just for interests sake, it all started from our rugby team: the all blacks. There have been a large number of rebrandings over the last decade to associate other sports teams with our successful rugby team such as:
(Basket Ball) - The tall blacks
(Cricket) - The black caps
(Softball) - The black sox
(Hockey) - The black sticks
(Junior rugby) - The small blacks (I wonder what they'd call the junior badminton team now :P )

Surprisingly, the on talkback radio the P.C. crowd is actually split. Some of them are squirming about the name, but admit they can't argue against it... :)

Funilly enough tennis NZ is also undergoing a rebranding (due to funding issues, and governance structures not working)... I wonder if they'll follow the the badminton naming scheme :P

Obviously I'm childishly amused by the whole thing, but what do you think?
whyBish,Jun 16 2005, 11:58 PM Wrote:(Junior rugby) - The small blacks  (I wonder what they'd call the junior badminton team now  :P )
Snort. Chortle. Chuckle. Having a sense of humor is a good thing.
Quote:Surprisingly, the on talkback radio the P.C. crowd is actually split.  Some of them are squirming about the name, but admit they can't argue against it...  :)
Their hypocrisy is once again exposed. Or is there, perhaps, a Maori in the woodpile? The Black Rackets would fit the tennis team nicely.
Quote:Obviously I'm childishly amused by the whole thing, but what do you think?
Me as well, thanks for the link. :) And having seen the All Blacks play rugby a few times on ESPN: those guys are good.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Reminds me a bit of Nads Hair Removal.

"Just yesterday, I was backing my car out of my driveway, and I ran over my Nads. Could you send me some more?"
"My girlfriend and I broke up, and when she left, she took my Nads with her. Can I get some more?"
:blush:
The heck with the Black Cocks, how about the Little White Balls? :blink:

Kiwi Michael Campbell won the US Open yesterday. I got to see most of the final round. While almost everone else was blowing up, and generally getting PWNED by the Pinehurst #2 golf course, Michael played a solid round of championship golf.

He also handled himself with charm and class as a victor during his acceptance speeches, and the usual post round press conferences.

*Doffs chapeau* Class act, and well played! I hope you folks are proud of him, he carried the flag well.

Occhi

PS: Tiger Woods" caddie is a Kiwi, so maybe this is all part of a plot to take over the world of golf! :rolleyes:
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 20 2005, 06:17 AM Wrote:The heck with the Black Cocks, how about the Little White Balls?  :blink:
[right][snapback]81071[/snapback][/right]

The horror....the horror..... :o

-A
Ashock,Jun 20 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:The horror....the horror..... :o
-A
[right][snapback]81090[/snapback][/right]

Why are you talking about Jane Fonda? I thought you didn't like her.

Occhi

PS: Your post said out loud. It's a sorta old joke.
In Memory of Pete
The thread's title is very misleading :angry:
DeeBye,Jun 21 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:The thread's title is very misleading :angry:
[right][snapback]81128[/snapback][/right]

The video shows them in action, what's the problem :P
Occhidiangela,Jun 21 2005, 02:17 AM Wrote:Kiwi Michael Campbell won the US Open yesterday.

PS: Tiger Woods" caddie is a Kiwi, so maybe this is all part of a plot to take over the world of golf!  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]81071[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, we heard a few of those rumors here too :)

It was a great weekend for NZ sport all around... particularly when Bangladesh beat Australia at Cricket!!!

Campbell has been a very good Kiwi citizen, he has always donated a significant part of any of his earning back to various charities such as the childrens hospital, and junior golf...

No wonder the Aussies are claiming him ;)
Occhidiangela,Jun 20 2005, 09:28 PM Wrote:Why are you talking about Jane Fonda?  I thought you didn't like her.

Occhi
PS: Your post said out loud.  It's a sorta old joke.
[right][snapback]81125[/snapback][/right]

You're so wrong. I like Jane Fonda............. In a casket.

Old joke? I thought it was just a pun. A real bad one :blink:

-A
Ashock,Jun 21 2005, 12:42 PM Wrote:You're so wrong. I like Jane Fonda............. In a casket.
Old joke? I thought it was just a pun. A real bad one  :blink:
-A
[right][snapback]81197[/snapback][/right]

It's origin is "Klute."

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 21 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:It's origin is "Klute."

Occhi
[right][snapback]81202[/snapback][/right]

Oh, gotcha. I think I watched that for about 5 min once.

-A
Ashock,Jun 21 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:Oh, gotcha. I think I watched that for about 5 min once.
-A
[right][snapback]81240[/snapback][/right]

Not the film, the fact that she played and won an Oscar as a "horror." She also played a "horror" in Steel Yard Blues . . . and so one, to the "horroring" for Hanoi . . .

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 22 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Not the film, the fact that she played and won an Oscar as a "horror."  She also played a "horror" in Steel Yard Blues . . . and so one, to the "horroring" for Hanoi . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]81282[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, I think I lost you there, but it's ok. I'm not as quick as I used to be after my
frontal lobotomy, so no worries.

-A
Ashock,Jun 22 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:Hmm, I think I lost you there, but it's ok. I'm not as quick as I used to be after my
frontal lobotomy, so no worries.
-A
[right][snapback]81287[/snapback][/right]

You might want to say "the horror" out loud a few times and see if that helps.
Griselda,Jun 22 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:You might want to say "the horror" out loud a few times and see if that helps.
[right][snapback]81313[/snapback][/right]

Well yes, I *was* referring to Apocolypse now, but somehow I got lost somewhere. Hmm.

-A
Ashock,Jun 22 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:Well yes, I *was* referring to Apocolypse now, but somehow I got lost somewhere. Hmm.
-A
[right][snapback]81348[/snapback][/right]

Klute was a film about a "horror?" ;) Extra syllables are so common these days . . .

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 22 2005, 05:12 PM Wrote:Klute was a film about a "horror?"  ;)  Extra syllables are so common these days . . .

Occhi
[right][snapback]81366[/snapback][/right]

Stop making fun of me, you American capitalist pigs, or I'll go Stalinist on you!

-A
Ashock,Jun 22 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:Stop making fun of me, you American capitalist pigs, or I'll go Stalinist on you!
-A
[right][snapback]81386[/snapback][/right]

*Snork* Does that mean you'll die? :D Please don't, not on my account!

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 23 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:*Snork*  Does that mean you'll die?  :D  Please don't, not on my account!

Occhi
[right][snapback]81408[/snapback][/right]

No, oh symbol of rotten and corrupt American imperialism.

Definition:

To go Stalinist - You are taken to an interragation room. Your wife is taken somewhere else. You are made to confess that you are a spy for the above American capitalist pigs. You are then forced into confessing that your next door neighbor is actually a spy for the British and that the neighbor to the left is plotting to overthrow the People's Party. Afterwards, you are shot in the back of the head. Your wife is sent to the Gulag and your kids are put into an Orphanage. For good measure, if your parents and siblings are still alive, they are killed also. Your friends are interragated in a similar fashion.
Oh, almost forgot. Just in case, all the jews on your block are accused of plotting against tovarisch Stalin, and shot.

Have a nice day :P

-A