About the elitism of the Lurker Lounge
Minionman,May 20 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:(Waves at archon from cockpit of stealth bomber.)
[right][snapback]78121[/snapback][/right]

Well, you aren't so stealthy after all!
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Minionman,May 20 2005, 04:12 PM Wrote:I am the new generation insane mastermind evil villain genius.  Fear me!  :P
[right][snapback]78120[/snapback][/right]

Well, that's too much. A sane person would just concede and leave this thread, but I'm above that and will drag this thread along out of spite.
Archon_Wing,May 20 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Well, that's too much. A sane person would just concede and leave this thread, but I'm above that and will drag this thread along out of spite.
[right][snapback]78151[/snapback][/right]

Archon, would you please hand me a sledge hammer? There is a little lump over there that is not yet pounded into dust.

Thanks. :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 21 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Archon, would you please hand me a sledge hammer?  There is a little lump over there that is not yet pounded into dust.

Thanks.  :P

Occhi
[right][snapback]78183[/snapback][/right]

I guess I'll help you pound your argument then. ;)
You know what...

Next time the Amazon Basin goes down, I am going to complain about all of the homeless st00pid n00bs flooding the Lounge in a thread like this one... I will even resort to vile thread necromancy. Now THAT would make for a fun thread about Elitism. While we Lurkers are smart enough to catch the joke, I aint so sure about those silly Amazon Bimbos from that other board. :P

I must make sure I have marshmallows for when this happens, should be quite a show with plenty of flames.

:wub:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,May 21 2005, 05:56 PM Wrote:You know what...

Next time the Amazon Basin goes down, I am going to complain about all of the homeless st00pid n00bs flooding the Lounge in a thread like this one... I will even resort to vile thread necromancy. Now THAT would make for a fun thread about Elitism. While we Lurkers are smart enough to catch the joke, I aint so sure about those silly Amazon Bimbos from that other board. :P
[right][snapback]78202[/snapback][/right]

What about people on both boards? Does only half their brain get the joke? Is it based on time spent at each place? What about people who play mostly necros or other male characters? What are they called? In fact, how does this work with the amazon basin up?

These are important world changing questions that must be answered. <_<
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,May 21 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:These are important world changing questions that must be answered. <_<
[right][snapback]78203[/snapback][/right]

[Image: eitherway.jpg]
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Minionman,May 21 2005, 05:59 PM Wrote:What about people on both boards?&nbsp; Does only half their brain get the joke?&nbsp; Is it based on time spent at each place?&nbsp; What about people who play mostly necros or other male characters?&nbsp; What are they called?&nbsp; In fact, how does this work with the amazon basin up?
These are important world changing questions that must be answered. <_<
[right][snapback]78203[/snapback][/right]

I have played Paladins and Amazons. I make the following observation regarding your question.

Amazons have nicer racks.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 21 2005, 08:27 PM Wrote:I have played Paladins and Amazons.&nbsp; I make the following observation regarding your question.

Amazons have nicer racks.

Occhi
[right][snapback]78213[/snapback][/right]

That is true.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
DeeBye,May 20 2005, 12:24 AM Wrote:Dazed and Confused wasn't just a "film".&nbsp; It was 100% pure unadulterated awesomeness.&nbsp; A mother pointed a shotgun at Ben Affleck, and later on some punk kid dumped a gallon of paint on his sorry ass.

[Image: dazed14dg.jpg]

"Catch ya later!"
[right][snapback]78029[/snapback][/right]

AHEM, it's "Check ya later", not "Catch ya later", hence the stoner character's scripted self-deprication after the stating of such a lame phrase. Thank you.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
JustAGuy,May 22 2005, 03:27 AM Wrote:AHEM, it's "Check ya later", not "Catch ya later", hence the stoner character's scripted self-deprication after the stating of such a lame phrase. Thank you.
[right][snapback]78228[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, it's been a few years :blush:
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, and they stay the same age."
Nystul,May 22 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:"That's what I love about these high school girls, man.&nbsp; I get older, and they stay the same age."
[right][snapback]78285[/snapback][/right]

"You just gotta keep livin', man -- L-I-V-I-N!"
There is no way I am reading all these posts!

I am too l33t for text.

Anyway, I've been very well accepted since the DSF, and I'm not elitist.

If by "lofty" you mean "enjoys playing games legitly and sometimes with fun twists (variants)" then I suppose you're right.

LLLL

Long Live the Lurker Lounge!
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,May 24 2005, 07:48 AM Wrote:There is no way I am reading all these posts!

I am too l33t for text.

Anyway, I've been very well accepted since the DSF, and I'm not elitist.

If by "lofty" you mean "enjoys playing games legitly and sometimes with fun twists (variants)" then I suppose you're right.

LLLL

Long Live the Lurker Lounge!
[right][snapback]78424[/snapback][/right]

When you do read the rest of the posts, which might be fun, remember to hear each voice speaking with a tongue squarely planted in its cheek.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 24 2005, 01:26 PM Wrote:remember to hear each voice speaking with a tongue squarely planted in its cheek.
[right][snapback]78454[/snapback][/right]

Wassat sound like anyways?
Tal,May 24 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:Wassat sound like anyways?
[right][snapback]78466[/snapback][/right]

Take a swig of water and start to speak like Astro from the Jetsons. Every few syllables interject the word "ow."
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Tal,May 24 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:Wassat sound like anyways?
[right][snapback]78466[/snapback][/right]

To get a sense of the sound, open one of my posts and stick your tongue firmly into your right cheek, between you upper and lower sets of teeth. Read aloud. Rather amusing for the kids. :D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Tongue in cheek sounds a lot like oral sex.

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,May 24 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:Tongue in cheek sounds a lot like oral sex.
[right][snapback]78487[/snapback][/right]

Whoa. Not what I was expecting at all!