Switching talents
It is my understanding that talents can be restored and put into new combinations at any time. Is the only cost money? And how is the cost increasing? I mean, what does it cost at level 20,40, 60? For exmaple.

The reason I ask is that I have this Druid and probably want to experience all aspects of it but not go mainly as healer since I will play an Undead Priest as well. So I will do quite abunch of soloing for example and like to experience the bear/cat forms for melee. However, it is possible it is better to switch to a more heal oriented builf once you hit 60 (yeah, right, like I will ever do that :) ). It is my understanding I can then just switch all talents to a more "final" build, correct?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
The only cost is gold and it increased the more times you respec (reset your talent points).
First time is only 1g but I think it goes up to .. 15 or 20g at the most? After that it stays put so you can (in theory) respec many times without going totally broke.
Ofcourse, if you respec that much you will probably have the gold for it.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,May 18 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:The only cost is gold and it increased the more times you respec (reset your talent points).
First time is only 1g but I think it goes up to .. 15 or 20g at the most? After that it stays put so you can (in theory) respec many times without going totally broke.
Ofcourse, if you respec that much you will probably have the gold for it.
[right][snapback]77719[/snapback][/right]

So if I only respec the first time at level 60, it is still "only" 1 gp?

By the way, nice to see someone else from Sweden "over there" :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I took my first respec at lvl 60 , it cost me almost 30g I was well unimpressed , yes it may cost 1g to respec , but , the respec can take some of your training skills away , with me a hunter it took quite a few which had to be rebought , I think this is wrong , to respec continually will cost a great deal in the long run , but having to buy your skills back , not impressed at all , nowhere was I told this would happen , I believe you should be compensated for already bought skills , where's my refund :P . So if you need to respec , try to have your char planned out early , save all that cash .
Take care
It's 1g, then 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and maxes out at 50. The loss of weapon skills and the like is a bug which they plan on fixing in the next content patch.

On my Rogue I'm up to the 20g respec and am only level 52. Don't waste early respecs just to change one thing; it's really not worth the gold. I spent 31g before I was level 40 on respecs and if I hadn't, I could have gotten my mount right away. I had exactly 60g when I hit 40. It made me instantly regret the constant respeccing.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,May 18 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:Don't waste early respecs just to change one thing; it's really not worth the gold. I spent 31g before I was level 40 on respecs and if I hadn't, I could have gotten my mount right away. I had exactly 60g when I hit 40. It made me instantly regret the constant respeccing.
[right][snapback]77724[/snapback][/right]

I don't plan to do it constantly, just once or twice when I hit high level.
Jarulf,May 18 2005, 02:49 AM Wrote:So if I only respec the first time at level 60, it is still "only" 1 gp?
[right][snapback]77720[/snapback][/right]

Yes, and by that time, it really is only 1 GP, and not "only" 1GP
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I have another question about unlearning talents.

When you choose to unlearn a talent and you have - say - 3 points in that talent, is the charge per point, or is it an "all-inclusive" price, by which I mean that all points in that talent would be wiped out for one fee?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,May 19 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:I have another question about unlearning talents.

When you choose to unlearn a talent and you have - say - 3 points in that talent, is the charge per point, or is it an "all-inclusive" price, by which I mean that all points in that talent would be wiped out for one fee?
[right][snapback]77917[/snapback][/right]

What happens is you go to your class trainer and say "I wish to unlearn my talents." They tell you the cost and ask if you're sure. If you are, ALL your talent points are wiped, for the same standard fee. You can then redistribute them one at a time as you wish.
Xanthix,May 19 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:What happens is you go to your class trainer and say "I wish to unlearn my talents." They tell you the cost and ask if you're sure. If you are, ALL your talent points are wiped, for the same standard fee. You can then redistribute them one at a time as you wish.
[right][snapback]77932[/snapback][/right]

But note any skills you gain from talents will need to be repurchased.
I think the respec cost has changed since beta and is now something like: 1,2,3,5,10,...35.

The price stays the same regardless of level. When you are level 60, getting 35g will take a couple dedicated hours of making money (this rate is based on pure killing of monsters for coin rather then AH selling). Or you will get that money after a couple nights doing anything that involves killing monsters (quests, instances). At capped price it will be affordable yet expensive enough to keep you from constantly respeccing.
acidjax,May 20 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:I think the respec cost has changed since beta and is now something like: 1,2,3,5,10,...35.

The price stays the same regardless of level.  When you are level 60, getting 35g will take a couple dedicated hours of making money (this rate is based on pure killing of monsters for coin rather then AH selling).  Or you will get that money after a couple nights doing anything that involves killing monsters (quests, instances).  At capped price it will be affordable yet expensive enough to keep you from constantly respeccing.
[right][snapback]78042[/snapback][/right]

It is still 1 then 5 for the first two. I know that. I've done one repsec on a char and I asked about another and it was for 5 gold.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Tal,May 19 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:But note any skills you gain from talents will need to be repurchased.
[right][snapback]77933[/snapback][/right]

For instance .... pyroblast or evocation? This is what you mean?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,May 20 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:For instance .... pyroblast or evocation? This is what you mean?
[right][snapback]78061[/snapback][/right]

Any talent that you can buy rank ups for you will have to rebuy those ranks. In addition you will temporarily lose any spells you gain through talents so you will have to place them back in your hotbar after you respec.

One example (for a priest because that is what I know best) is Mind Flay. There are about 5 ranks of Mind Flay that become available once you get the skill through talents. Even if you had it in your prior spec you will have to rebuy ranks 2-5 when you respec because the game forgets that you ever had it and you lose those ranks that you bought. Fortunately the rank ups for skills gained through talents seem to always be significantly cheaper than the rank ups for non-talent skills. This can easily add a few gold to your respec costs though depending on the class and how many rankable skills you gain through talents. Definitely something to keep in mind.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)