Searching
Why can't we search for words under four letters? Please enlighten.
I have my own signature. Yay.
Zafarium,May 14 2005, 12:38 AM Wrote:Why can't we search for words under four letters? Please enlighten.
[right][snapback]77410[/snapback][/right]

It would put tremendous strain on the server. Repeated searches including common words like "and" or "the" would be a bad thing.

What are you searching for?
Zafarium,May 13 2005, 11:38 PM Wrote:Why can't we search for words under four letters? Please enlighten.
[right][snapback]77410[/snapback][/right]
Clicky

Edit: You can use Google to search the Lounge for three letter words. To find "jab" type this in the Google search box:

jab site:www.lurkerlounge.com
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
I was searching for "web comics". It was the title of a post I made polling people to see what their favourite one was. Since I was bored I thought I would go and look at some I hadn't seen before. :shuriken:
Zafarium,May 15 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:I was searching for "web comics".  It was the title of a post I made polling people to see what their favourite one was.  Since I was bored I thought I would go and look at some I hadn't seen before. :shuriken:
[right][snapback]77524[/snapback][/right]

Try searching your own topics :)

[Image: topics6gb.png]
DeeBye,May 15 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:Try searching your own topics :)

[Image: topics6gb.png]
[right][snapback]77528[/snapback][/right]

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... Thank you! :rolleyes:
I believe it has something to do with the forum software using MySQL, which has this limitation.

They should use an exclusion system like google for common words, without the arbitrary 3-letter limit which excludes a multitude of useful abbreviations.
Less QQ more Pew Pew