5-man Scholomance
From the thread I started, I can see there's a lot of interest in 5-man Scholomance runs. I'm hoping to get a lot of Lurkers and perhaps other interested 60s to meet up this Saturday at around 4 to try to get a few 5-man groups up and running. I recognize that not everyone will be able to make this, but Scholomance requires multiple runs and you can be assured that another Scholomance 5-man run is not too far away.

If you can make it, please reply here. It might be a good idea to get a view of what kind of groups we can compose from the people who reply who need the quests and who cover most of the roles a party needs. I have two characters which I can bring to fill any gaps, so constructing groups should be a little easier.

Anyway. Let's see if we can get a few quests done.
I'm actually hoping for a 1pm start for Scholo. I need to confirm with those involved but tentatively I have Darian, Grizelle and myself going after the Lich. Unfortunately the wife has put her foot down about any more Scholo marathons so I can only manage 4 hours or so. Anyone else want to come along?
Tal,May 13 2005, 07:35 AM Wrote:I'm actually hoping for a 1pm start for Scholo. I need to confirm with those involved but tentatively I have Darian, Grizelle and myself going after the Lich. Unfortunately the wife has put her foot down about any more Scholo marathons so I can only manage 4 hours or so. Anyone else want to come along?
[right][snapback]77231[/snapback][/right]

:( I really, really want to kill Ras, and wanted to do it with the ones who got me through the quests. It's just not gonna happen on Saturday. That would be the worst day yet for me to play.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,May 13 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote::( I really, really want to kill Ras, and wanted to do it with the ones who got me through the quests.  It's just not gonna happen on Saturday.  That would be the worst day yet for me to play.
[right][snapback]77246[/snapback][/right]

We'll do it again.

Have healing. Will travel.
Tal,May 13 2005, 06:35 AM Wrote:I'm actually hoping for a 1pm start for Scholo. I need to confirm with those involved but tentatively I have Darian, Grizelle and myself going after the Lich. Unfortunately the wife has put her foot down about any more Scholo marathons so I can only manage 4 hours or so. Anyone else want to come along?

Okay, we can start at 1 PM then. If we're done early, I'll be happy to run another group into Scholo as well.
Quark,May 13 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote::( I really, really want to kill Ras, and wanted to do it with the ones who got me through the quests.  It's just not gonna happen on Saturday.  That would be the worst day yet for me to play.
[right][snapback]77246[/snapback][/right]

We'll get it done for you Quark. :)
I was going to confirm that Lochnar could make it until the time got changed to 1pm server time. His handler doesn't exist at that time so he'll just have to whimper in his dark closet. If a run goes another day/time, he has only gotten the deed from the first room so anything else is good, especially if it forwards his alchemy career.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Something I'd like to know...what are 'starter' levels for these higher end instances such as Scholo, Strat, BRS, etc? 56+? 58+? 60 only? I need to have a bit more added to my feeder bar to grind off the final levels.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
LochnarITB,May 13 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:If a run goes another day/time, he has only gotten the deed from the first room so anything else is good, especially if it forwards his alchemy career.
[right][snapback]77387[/snapback][/right]

It's good you have the first deed. Not needing that saves a lot of time on future runs.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Mirajj,May 13 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Something I'd like to know...what are 'starter' levels for these higher end instances such as Scholo, Strat, BRS, etc? 56+? 58+? 60 only? I need to have a bit more added to my feeder bar to grind off the final levels.
[right][snapback]77397[/snapback][/right]

For 5-mans, I'm not sure how low I would go level wise. I will tell you what the biggest concern people have with level is: aggro range. Many people running instances, raid or 5 man, like to skip as much trash as possible. Having someone of a lower level makes this dangerous, because they might tip off the mobs you're passing. We had an UBRS run that was a full wipe right before The Beast. We were sneaking past a stack of dragonkin. I'm in stealth when doing this, just in case people get aggro or a pat comes and I can try distract. Well, I'm walking. Stop, turn, and see 5 big guys running straight for the level 57 right behind me :o

They took him out in about 4 seconds, as a Warrior, then turned their attention on the rest of us, unready as we were.

I will say the best thing to do is start running BRD. It takes a long time to do, gets good experience in the mean time, and is closer to the style of the 60 instances than any other. You can start BRD at 53 or so.
Sorry Loch. :(
Skandranon,May 13 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:Okay, we can start at 1 PM then.  If we're done early, I'll be happy to run another group into Scholo as well.
[right][snapback]77326[/snapback][/right]
Crap.

I'll be out at 1, server time.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
Tal,May 13 2005, 07:35 AM Wrote:I'm actually hoping for a 1pm start for Scholo. I need to confirm with those involved but tentatively I have Darian, Grizelle and myself going after the Lich. Unfortunately the wife has put her foot down about any more Scholo marathons so I can only manage 4 hours or so. Anyone else want to come along?

Grizelle is out - we need another healer. :(
Skandranon,May 13 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:Okay, we can start at 1 PM then.&nbsp; If we're done early, I'll be happy to run another group into Scholo as well.
[right][snapback]77326[/snapback][/right]
I'm currently parked on the steps of Scholomance, fully ready to roll, but I won't be online till 1:30 at the earliest, probably closer to two. If the train leaves without me, oh well.
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
Catlyn,May 14 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:I'm currently parked on the steps of Scholomance, fully ready to roll, but I won't be online till 1:30 at the earliest, probably closer to two. If the train leaves without me, oh well.
[right][snapback]77439[/snapback][/right]

Okay Cat - I've got some family stuff I can attend to. I will aim for a 2pm start.
LochnarITB,May 13 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:I was going to confirm that Lochnar could make it until the time got changed to 1pm server time.&nbsp; His handler doesn't exist at that time so he'll just have to whimper in his dark closet.&nbsp; If a run goes another day/time, he has only gotten the deed from the first room so anything else is good, especially if it forwards his alchemy career.
[right][snapback]77387[/snapback][/right]

The first deed is all that Tribade has (from the same run as Loch's deed as I recall). Other than that one group she has only gone to Scholomance as a member of a raid, and she would love company to finish up a quest or three.

Her primary quest interest is Stratholme at the moment, since that is filling much of her log space. She has made Stratholme plans with Spangles (Ynir's warrior), but we could use three other people. In doing some solo exploring yesterday Tribade just discovered the tunnel to get to Stratholme quickly! All these years she has been going around the long way.

It's hard to find a pickup group for Blightcaller, so if you or anyone is planning a try, please let Tribade know. For that matter Fafner is tired of the shame of having an alt who's 60, and is making a run herself for 60. Baguette is 27 and is determined not to progress until she can find a like minded party for the deadmines. No one loves a shadow priest.

Roquefort, primarily in company with a basin friend, has been learning how to be a mage. She may make it to Van Cleef before Baguette.

In other progress, thanks to a very patient four person group in which she was the only healer, Tribade is now attuned to the Molten Core. She stuck her nose in last night, but it looks like it might take a few more people.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Thank you to Sharanna, Rylea, Flyndar, and Darian for one of the most enjoyable afternoons I've had in WoW in a long time.

It was wonderful!

I though 5-man Scholomance was supposed to be hard... and I must say, I think this whole Main Tank thing is one of the best ideas yet! :)