Guild Leader on Terenas
So, despite me starting to get active with ideas on the forums, life my force me to leave WoW by the end of the month for an indefinite period of time.

Because of the mechanics of guilds in WoW it probably isn't a good idea to have your guild leader never online. There is a /gleader command that I can use to set a new guild leader, I just need to know who that will be, and which character.

So I'm throwing this out there for discussion. If you don't want public discussion, PM me. I don't want to do this, but I pretty much have to I think. It could get hard to play WoW if I have no internet connection, income, or housing. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,May 13 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:So, despite me starting to get active with ideas on the forums, life my force me to leave WoW by the end of the month for an indefinite period of time.

Because of the mechanics of guilds in WoW it probably isn't a good idea to have your guild leader never online.  There is a /gleader command that I can use to set a new guild leader, I just need to know who that will be, and which character.

So I'm throwing this out there for discussion.  If you don't want public discussion, PM me.  I don't want to do this, but I pretty much have to I think.  It could get hard to play WoW if I have no internet connection, income, or housing.  :)
[right][snapback]77241[/snapback][/right]

Best of luck with whatever is pulling you away. Just when we're getting close to the final instances on Stormrage too ;)
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Hope things sort themselves out for you as soon as possible

Best wishes
Gnollguy,May 13 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:So, despite me starting to get active with ideas on the forums, life my force me to leave WoW by the end of the month for an indefinite period of time.

Because of the mechanics of guilds in WoW it probably isn't a good idea to have your guild leader never online.  There is a /gleader command that I can use to set a new guild leader, I just need to know who that will be, and which character.

So I'm throwing this out there for discussion.  If you don't want public discussion, PM me.  I don't want to do this, but I pretty much have to I think.  It could get hard to play WoW if I have no internet connection, income, or housing.  :)

My goodness. Good thoughts sent your way, GG. May the dark times pass quickly.
I'm floored.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Gnollguy,May 13 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:So, despite me starting to get active with ideas on the forums, life my force me to leave WoW by the end of the month for an indefinite period of time.

Knowing nothing about you in real life, my first thought is, "Iraq?"
MongoJerry,May 13 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:Knowing nothing about you in real life, my first thought is, "Iraq?"
[right][snapback]77390[/snapback][/right]
There's not the threat of that anymore, really. His enlistment is up and he is no longer on inactive reserve either so that's one less thing we have to worry about. He was still in the military the day the towers went down so the first thing I did that day (didn't have classes until later that night) was make sure all his uniforms and stuff were ready to go in case his unit did get activated. Which did happen eventually, but he was on inactive reserve at the time so he didn't get pressed into active duty.
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,May 13 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:So, despite me starting to get active with ideas on the forums, life my force me to leave WoW by the end of the month for an indefinite period of time.

Bummer about the life issues, but that is why WoW is a game... for free time. Life first, WoW somewhere down the list (contrary to some people's beliefs =) )

If you decide to pass on guild leadership, I think there are three fairly obvious candidates (based primarily on Terenas playtime), and maybe it's best to ask each one how they'd feel about it in PM's?

I'm kind of indifferent on the issue, as I don't see the gleader doing a whole lot anyway at this point.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
After a fair bit of PM discussion a decision was made and pretty easily too since everyone who is active has the same short list of people. :)

Alram's mage, Magead, will be made the new guild leader sometime tomorrow when I log in and issue the command. This is something that we all hope is just a temporary thing but I'm going with safe before sorry on this one.

I would also like to thank everyone for the well wishes both in this thread, in PM's and in guild chat. I'm not going to go into details about it all here, but I would also like to publicly thank everyone who does know all the details for all the support you have given me as well. We'll see how it turns out.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.