Mold Rhymes With ...
MongoJerry,May 14 2005, 02:37 AM Wrote:This is an astounding comment to me.  It's like your server's caught in a timewarp to the past before Dire Maul was introduced.  I'm surprised that anyone still collects the blue set items, because there are so many better non-set items in Dire Maul and now a little bit in Scholo and Strat.  Even if you collected the full sets, the stats and bonuses would never compare to what you could assemble with regular non-set items.  Plus, those good items are so unbelievably abundant in Dire Maul.  How could you not go there?

Well I guess it is the irrational urge to collect something if it has "set" written on it ;)
But it is really "the thing" to do on Kil'Jaeden (EU) right now (you have to keep in mind that WoW has been realeased in Europe just in February and attempts at laying Onyxia or venturing into MC are far and few between; on our server Onyxia still remains to be slain, and there only have been "scouting" expeditions to MC).

Another factor, imho, is that sets simply look good, and the sixities on Kil'Jaeden are uncureable MMO fasionvictims (myself very much included). Looking good counts a great deal on our server. And what one hears from different forums is, that though the Dire Maul drops have very good stats, they somehow lack in aesthetics *g*

Right now our guild is busy completing the LBRS quest for the Onyxia key (finished ths quest myself this very night with a wonderful 5 man party :D ) and assembling our own UBRS key, but I will try to convince them to give Dire Maul a try after we have done our homework on LBRS.

Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Hedon,May 13 2005, 10:23 PM Wrote:Another factor, imho, is  that sets simply look good, and the sixities on Kil'Jaeden  are uncureable MMO fasionvictims (myself very much included). Looking good counts a great deal on our server. And what one hears from different forums is, that though the Dire Maul drops have very good stats, they somehow lack in aesthetics *g*

Haha, I can understand that. Unfortunately, the Devout Set is so ugly that that idea never crossed my mind. Thank God we have the option to turn off the helm graphic, or I would never have worn my Devout helm as long as I did. I thought I was a member of the Transformers when I saw the updated (read: made butt-ugly) graphic. Ick! Now, I have a brand new Halo of Transcendence (tier 2 priest epic helm), which is a yellow turban. Once again, I'm thankful that we have the option to turn off helm graphics.
Quark,May 13 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:Just so you know, any popular rogue farming place must drop cloth.  It's the only way to be efficient solo - make bandages as you go.
[right][snapback]77359[/snapback][/right]

Word. A rogue without bandages is only half a rogue. :)
MongoJerry,May 13 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:Haha, I can understand that.  Unfortunately, the Devout Set is so ugly that that idea never crossed my mind.  Thank God we have the option to turn off the helm graphic, or I would never have worn my Devout helm as long as I did.  I thought I was a member of the Transformers when I saw the updated (read: made butt-ugly) graphic.  Ick!  Now, I have a brand new Halo of Transcendence (tier 2 priest epic helm), which is a yellow turban.  Once again, I'm thankful that we have the option to turn off helm graphics.
[right][snapback]77416[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing is- the US Kil'Jaeden is the same.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Made it to meanwhile to Dire Maul West and North.

This instances are really very much fun to play. Especially Dire Maul West is quite challenging. These arcane elemantals dish out tremendous damage. Having a warlock on board to bannish those things is almost a requirement for doing it.

Dire Maul North on the other hand is quite easy in my opninion, and though tribute runs yield good loot they can quickly become so boring as doing 10 man raids on Strat or Scholo.

But all in all kudos to Blizzard for these very well made instances. Especially Dire Maul West has very a good visual design and is challenging in the sense of being hard, and not so much being a timesink, which I very much appreciate. All in all Dire Maul follows the legacy of Shadowfang Keep and Scarlet Monastry (two of my favourites) in being a hard and fast instance. :)
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
MongoJerry,May 13 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:I'm surprised that anyone still collects the blue set items, because there are so many better non-set items in Dire Maul and now a little bit in Scholo and Strat. [right][snapback]77392[/snapback][/right]

So very true, and the only valuable set I've found was green (except for the robe). Necropile set has excellent defensive traits while retaining some of the best +stam items around.

+5 int, +5 defense skill, +15 resist all (that's 5% magical reduction on a 300 scale), +23 magical&healing effects set bonuses. Those are actually worth it!

I swap pieces out, but at least these 4 set bonuses are achieved with only 5 items. . . instead of extremely margainal set bonuses, craptacular stats, and no side-effects.