Need Help installing Hellfire =(
Well, hi everyone.. i am new here :)

I recently try to run Diablo: Hellfire again. However when i pressed the "Install" button, it gave me the following error message;

"
16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. This system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

[Close] [Ignore]
"

I have tried pressing on the "Ignore" button, but there is no response T_T

Could it be something wrong with the cd itself? :mellow:

Anyone who know, please tell me what might be the problem.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Hi Dark,

I just noticed your post as have some eighty other people. Well you came to the right place. Even though there are few active Diablo sites left, the posters on this forum have the knowledge and the expertise to help you, or at least ask intelligent questions so that you can make additional attempts to solve the problem yourself. It is a shame that none of these eighty viewers has even bothered to try. I can only hope that someone corresponded directly with you in order to assist you, rather than use this message board.

I wish I could help, but I never played or loaded Hellfire, because I never owned the program. One possibility did occur to me however. I am suspicous about the .nt extension in the name of an autoexec file in a Windows OS environment. But then again it might not mean anything.

I've posted a link to one other, still active, Diablo website where you might find other Diablo players who will be more willing to offer assistance.

http://www.diablo-forum.de.vu/mainpart/ind...orum=3&topic=63

Another link you might try, simply because of great amount of hellfire expertise on this site, is: http://www.thedark5.com/. I am not sure though that this site has the facility for someone to ask questions.

I wish you good luck with finding a workable solution.

Malach_cha_Movis
dark_rage,May 14 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:Well, hi everyone.. i am new here  :)

I recently try to run Diablo: Hellfire again. However when i pressed the "Install" button, it gave me the following error message;

"
16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. This system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

[Close]                [Ignore]
"

I have tried pressing on the "Ignore" button, but there is no response T_T

Could it be something wrong with the cd itself?  :mellow:

Anyone who know, please tell me what might be the problem.

Thanks in advance  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]77375[/snapback][/right]

You could take a look at the following Microsoft page

Maybe it helps you.
[Image: Zamal.gif]