Problems connecting...
Well this is how it goes...

Recently i managed to get my hands on a internet connection after long years of waiting (thanx to diablo and my endless nights playing it online my ISP plugged me out). But the connection is over my cities WLAN, and they use a proxy to govern the traffic. Now, can diablo be set up to go over proxy or am i damned to be so close to bliss and yet so far away :)

all input will be deeply apriciated :)
You can not kill that which is already dead. At least not easily.
foksieLoY,Apr 28 2005, 09:49 PM Wrote:Well this is how it goes...

Recently i managed to get my hands on a internet connection after long years of waiting (thanx to diablo and my endless nights playing it online my ISP plugged me out). But the connection is over my cities WLAN, and they use a proxy to govern the traffic. Now, can diablo be set up to go over proxy or am i damned to be so close to bliss and yet so far away :)

all input will be deeply apriciated :)
[right][snapback]75584[/snapback][/right]

Diablo has no native support for proxying connections, but it'd be a pretty lousy proxy if it is mandatory and not transparent. More information about this proxy is required for a better answer.
[vL]Kp,Apr 29 2005, Wrote:Diablo has no native support for proxying connections, but it'd be a pretty lousy proxy if it is mandatory and not transparent.  More information about this proxy is required for a better answer.
[right][snapback]75601[/snapback][/right]

it was a lousy proxy. :)

and luckly i managed to twist some arms and get a connection over NAT.

thanx for the help.
You can not kill that which is already dead. At least not easily.
foksieLoY,May 10 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:it was a lousy proxy. :)

and luckly i managed to twist some arms and get a connection over NAT.

thanx for the help.
[right][snapback]76822[/snapback][/right]

Excellent. A good NAT device should even be smart enough to let you host games from inside. A mediocre one will incorrectly drop people attempting to join, in which case you can join others' games, but no one can join the game which you host. Note that this can have unfortunate side effects as people join and leave the game. If your NAT device is only a mediocre one, I'll explain more about the potential complications. Otherwise, good hunting.