the future of a frosty M'avina bowazon?
I have an SP bowazon who's wearing M'avina's armor, bow, gloves, and belt, Aldur's boots, Raven Frost, a rare ring that adds life leech and resists and mana, a rare amulet that adds +1 skills and resists, and a rare coronet that adds +2 passive and resists. (The rest of the rare stats are unimportant.) I'm carrying a couple +bow skill grand charms, poison damage charms around +500 dmg, and socketed the bow and armor with +%ed jewels. I've maxed the cold arrow portion of the tree and now I'm dumping points into Valkyrie and its synergies.

I'm in Act III hell, players8, and doing 2300-2500 damage. I've got an Act II Might merc that I'm thinking about replacing with a Act II freezing aura merc. I know I can't make it to Baal with what I've got unless I've got help. How can I upgrade my gear (besides finding the diadem to complete the M'avina's set)? Should I just go down to players1? Or am I thoroughly boned?
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Hmm....hmmmm...'boned' as in doomed? You might be...I've never played an amazon, so, I honsetly dont know. It seems a little low in general...
Count Duckula,May 10 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:Should I just go down to players1? Or am I thoroughly boned?
[right][snapback]76774[/snapback][/right]

You could pick a number somewhere between 1 and 8 if 1 is too easy and 8 is too difficult/tedious for your liking. I don't think you should complain about not being able to solo-8 hell, though.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Indeed. Most characters will never solo players-8 hell, and the fact you've gotten as far as act 3 is a testament to your abilities.
I can already tell what you're doing wrong.

One, did you make sure to get a physical attacK? Going pure cold is just asking for death.

Two, are you sure you want to replace your Might Merc witha Freezing Aura merc when a Doom polearm can give you two auras for the price of one?

Three, do you really need all those poison charms?

Fourth, where's your mana leech? No, I mean more mana leech?

Fifth, you mgiht want to replace Aldur's with something else, either Gore Rider, Sandstorm Trek or War Traveler.

Sixth, as previously noted, Hell was not designed around level play; thus, players-8 is probably gonna bone ya.
The last time I solod Players 8 Hell was with my barb. He did approx. 12K damage per hit, two swords. I did not do it without dying. I'd say you're screwed.
SetBuilder,Jul 4 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:The last time I solod Players 8 Hell was with my barb. He did approx. 12K damage per hit, two swords. I did not do it without dying. I'd say you're screwed.
[right][snapback]82400[/snapback][/right]

Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges!

Bowazons are a very different playing style than melee barbarians. Although your point about damage makes sense as far as monster HP goes, there are amazons who do well under 12k damage and can survive just fine in players 8 hell :)

Cheers,

Munk
Since you have the rest of the set, finding the Diadem would be really nice. If you Shael the bow you'll increase your rate of fire and subsequent damage to monsters.