Useful and funny macros
In another post it came up that Grizelle uses
Quote:Something is trying to eat me, please make it stop!
as a macro for when something is attacking her. This made me laugh and so I stole it for my priest. I also added one for patrols which goes something like
Quote:EEP! They're coming to eat us.  RUN AWAY!
which fits decently with the one I stole. What I am wondering is, what other funny lines do people use? I'm mostly interested in ones that actually serve a good purpose though. I know one person who has a macro that says "Stand still!" anytime a mob tries to run, which I tend to just find annoying. All it does is clutter up the chat window. Some macros are important though: for patrols, for when you get too much aggro, for when you are drinking, for when you are oom (though /oom is probably best for this cause of the audio), etc. There are alot of funny people around here so I'm interested to hear what you all have come up with.
I use a macro with /hungry and Cannibalize.

Also use one with /mourn and /salute when for when we MC someone have them go take a crack at their Windrider.

Have a macro that says /p Glad my expendable bulk could be of use, sir. Usually use it when I die, but the rest of the party inexplicably survives.

Lots of us have a macro filled with /target Milmon followed by as many /spit commands (and occasionally a ck or /laugh or /kiss) as we can cram in. Long story: at some point, someone on the Alliance /spit on him because he was being a tool, and he took exception to that. He said something about persuing legal recourse, and they (of course) told him to go stuff it where the sun don't shine. So, someone leaked this to us Hordies, and now probably 100-200 people on each side have similar macros specially for him :)

We used to have various leetspeek /yell macros, ranging from KOREA (I guess he was a Starcraft vet :) ) to FOR THE OVERMIND (mine; I used it pretty frequently at the neverending TM-SS zergfests.) Some more crude ones were used, but I won't list those here :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I snitched the concept of Griz's saying (which also made me laugh out loud when I read it) for my priest and came up with "Something's eating me. Please make the hurt stop."
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I have a stupid macro :P

* Pesmerga shakes his fist at %t.

I can be seen spamming this in IF and on raids.

Miodvitnir shakes his fist at Sommli.
Play with someone who decided we were zerging an instance and tossed out:
Spawn more overlords!

Starcraft references come full circle... heh.
swirly,May 8 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:In another post it came up that Grizelle uses  as a macro for when something is attacking her.  This made me laugh and so I stole it for my priest.  I also added one for patrols which goes something like  which fits decently with the one I stole.  What I am wondering is, what other funny lines do people use?  I'm mostly interested in ones that actually serve a good purpose though.  I know one person who has a macro that says "Stand still!" anytime a mob tries to run, which I tend to just find annoying.  All it does is clutter up the chat window.  Some macros are important though: for patrols, for when you get too much aggro, for when you are drinking, for when you are oom (though /oom is probably best for this cause of the audio), etc.  There are alot of funny people around here so I'm interested to hear what you all have come up with.
[right][snapback]76643[/snapback][/right]

Purple Grizelle Needs Mana Badly. I'm Takin' a Drink.

;)
I have to admit my current macros are disappointly conventional. I like tying the party text to the voice macros since I think people are more aware of the voice commands than the text in the chat channels.

/p I'm out of mana!
/oom

/p Adds incoming!
/incoming

/p Help!
/helpme

/p Heal Me!
/healme

I may modify some of them based on the ideas in this thread. The "Gauntlet" style "Priest needs mana badly!" and "Warlock is about to die!" have a certain nostalgic appeal.

My problem is that I'm running out of macro slots. My priest has 3 macros set up for every party member (renew, flash heal and shield) which eat up two-thirds of the macro spaces by themselves.

Chris
Icebird,May 9 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:My problem is that I'm running out of macro slots. My priest has 3 macros set up for every party member  (renew, flash heal and shield) which eat up two-thirds of the macro spaces by themselves.[right][snapback]76724[/snapback][/right]

There are mods out there that give you additional macros, and let you get around the 256-character-limit on macros. Here's a link to one; you can find more by searching the WoW UI forum or curse gaming's site.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=381