Pun Competition
This is a really fun event which is totally free. I have competed in it for years.

Help the O. Henry Museum celebrate the weakness and wit in language at their 28th Annual O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships. Back by popular demand, the competition will be held at the O. Henry Museum in Brush Square Park, downtown Austin, TX (5th at Neches).

Several spots are still O-PUN for wicked and witty word butchers who wish to wrangle wit in the worst way. A bargain book sale and silent auction benefiting the Susanna Dickinson House restoration will be held. Food and drink will also be available. Admission is free.
Come at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 14. For more information call 512 472-1903 or go to http://www.punpunpun.com/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I never sausage a great event!
DeeBye,May 7 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:I never sausage a great event!
[right][snapback]76533[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps you will be the weiner!
Alram,May 7 2005, 01:46 AM Wrote:This is a really fun event which is totally free. I have competed in it for years.

Help the O. Henry Museum celebrate the weakness and wit in language at their 28th Annual O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships. Back by popular demand, the competition will be held at the O. Henry Museum in Brush Square Park, downtown Austin, TX (5th at Neches).

Several spots are still O-PUN for wicked and witty word butchers who wish to wrangle wit in the worst way. A bargain book sale and silent auction benefiting the Susanna Dickinson House restoration will be held. Food and drink will also be available. Admission is free.
Come at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 14. For more information call 512 472-1903 or go to http://www.punpunpun.com/
[right][snapback]76530[/snapback][/right]

* Tal signs up Bun and Gnu for the event ;)
Alram,May 6 2005, 11:46 PM Wrote:This is a really fun event which is totally free. I have competed in it for years.

I wonder if this is a Bush league commedy competition, or if it intended tequila with laughter. :lol:

Hmmm, road trip? Bun Bun, this could be an exercise in pointless, but not pintless, fun. :blush:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Alram,May 6 2005, 11:46 PM Wrote:This is a really fun event which is totally free. I have competed in it for years.

I signed up, not sure if I made the cutoff. Is there a costume requirement that you are aware of? Crap, I am not svelte enough to cross dress as an auburn haired rogue, plus my legs would need a serious shave.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,May 7 2005, 12:34 PM Wrote:I signed up, not sure if I made the cutoff.  Is there a costume requirement that you are aware of?  Crap, I am not svelte enough to cross dress as an auburn haired rogue, plus my legs would need a serious shave.

Occhi
[right][snapback]76561[/snapback][/right]
Cool! I'll see you there. There is no costume requirement. Here is a question and answer from a recent email on this question which was submitted to the coordinator of the Punoff.

"1) Can contestants wear disguises and/or goofy clothes?

=========================

Good questions both.

1. - Yes, this is encouraged, appreciated and often rewarded.
Something that totally disguises a person is probably more likely to
be a distraction if it is perceived that you may be someone notable
about to reveal him/herself. Any contestant arriving on stage with
make-up, masks, costumes etc. seems to offer the promise of an
unusual and compelling routine. For a few brief moments you will have
a slight advantage because of the anticipation generated by this. On
the other hand, if what you're presenting fails to live up to the
costume or props, it offers a double disappointment. There's a fine
line between a fine line and a final line.
Occhidiangela,May 7 2005, 08:46 AM Wrote:I wonder if this is a Bush league commedy competition, or if it intended tequila with laughter.  :lol:

Hmmm, road trip?  Bun Bun, this could be an exercise in pointless, but not pintless, fun.  :blush:

Occhi
[right][snapback]76546[/snapback][/right]

I'll be there, altough I'm not a contestant. Can't miss all that material I can steal!
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Friday night, the night before the Punoff we will be having extra fun. I will be moderating one of the events.

"FOR OUR MEDIA RELIEF:

What: Pre-Show Picnic and Punster Warm-up Showcase
Where: O.Henry Museum - 5th at Neches - Austin, TX
When:Friday, May 13th - 6:30pm - 10pm
Why: Rabble rousing and fun raising.
Who: Punsters United Nearly Yearly (P.U.N.Y.)

GLOBAL WARM-UP FOR "HAVE-WITS"

Can't make it downtown on Saturday for the 28th Annual O.Henry Pun-Off World Championships? Lucky you! Show up a day early for a few rounds of premature jocularity, music, pun & games. Event organizers and participants have arranged a special Pre-Show Picnic and Punster Warm-up Showcase for the evening of Friday, the 13th of May in O.Henry's back yard.

Ordinarily a semi-private function, this year's gathering of ladies and pungents preparing for the championship of fools will be open for public scrutiny. You are invited to join the jeering impaired as they preen and practice their perverse art in this cooperative and creative exercise. Witness the warped minds of the world's worst punsters as they hone their skills and sharpen their wits in preparation for the Saturday's big fun razor.

This special event kicks off at 6:30pm with live music provided by Los Klezmeros. The evening will be rounded out by punny performances, roasts, door prizes, word games and more music. Also scheduled to play are Steve Brooks, Marilyn Rucker and Lisa Rogers. Admission is free, but donations for O.Henry's wordy cause are always welcome.

While cautiously endorsed by the Friends of O.Henry and the O.Henry Museum, this unique event is hosted by P.U.N.Y. (Punsters United Nearly Yearly) and may not meet the same standards of decorum sometimes associated with the Pun-Off. Prenatal digestion is recommitted. These "Act One" festivities are expected to draw to a twisted end by 10pm Friday night. The actual Pun-Off will take place the following morning at 11am.

Throughout the evening a selection of food and drink will be available from The Bakehouse Restaurant. For more details call event organizer, Gary Hallock at 971-9929 or visit www.PunPunPun.com."

Alram,May 10 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]76918[/snapback][/right]

RL just changed. There are local events that require my presence, chilluns being chilluns, and failure to bring the hand out home . . . DRAT. I was soo looking forward to this.

Bah. Will put on the calendar for next year.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
That's too bad.
Bring the chillun with you. The 1st time I entered, my son and I performed together. I think he was 6 or 7 years old at the time.