Dalsons Tears Outhouse Quest
In the Western Plaguelands, at the farm Dalson's Tears, is an outhouse which has a quest (monster inside). It requires the " Dalson's Tears Outhouse Key" to be opened, which apparently the level 55 Wandering Skeleton near the outhouse must have. But I've killed the skeleton over a dozen times now without seeing the key among the loot. Am I missing something here?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,May 6 2005, 12:22 PM Wrote:In the Western Plaguelands, at the farm Dalson's Tears, is an outhouse which has a quest (monster inside). It requires the " Dalson's Tears Outhouse Key" to be opened, which apparently the level 55 Wandering Skeleton near the outhouse must have. But I've killed the skeleton over a dozen times now without seeing the key among the loot. Am I missing something here?
[right][snapback]76461[/snapback][/right]

You have to first read the diary in the barn then kill wandering skeletons until the key drops. Then kill the ghoul and loot the cabinet key. Take the cabinet key and open up the cabinet.
This drop can be very iffy. First of all, it only seems to drop if you've read Mrs. Dalson's Diary, the book in the barn. Check to do that first. After that, kill the skeleton once or twice and he should drop the key to unlock the outhouse.
russ,May 6 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:This drop can be very iffy.  First of all, it only seems to drop if you've read Mrs. Dalson's Diary, the book in the barn.  Check to do that first.  After that, kill the skeleton once or twice and he should drop the key to unlock the outhouse.
[right][snapback]76464[/snapback][/right]
You mean the right nearby barn with the half dozen Scarlet Crusade guards in front and lots of Undead inside? That should be quite difficult as soloing level 54 Warrior :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,May 6 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:You mean the right nearby barn with the half dozen Scarlet Crusade guards in front and lots of Undead inside?
[right][snapback]76467[/snapback][/right]
Up to this point in the thread, I thought, "Oooh a solo quest I missed!" Oh well, guess I'll have to go take a look anyway.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
To get into the barn and read Mrs. Dalson's Diary on the floor, sneak past the Scarlet Crusade mobs near the entrance when they are busy killing Undead mobs. Be careful though if you are solo. While clearing barn and house you will have to be able to deal with pulls of 2 level 52-54 mobs per pull which is doable for a well equipped level 55-56 character with an occasional healing potion.

I now have the Dalson Cabinet Key from Farmer Dalson, who is the crazy Ghoul (level 56) in the outhouse. With that key, you have to go into the farm house next to the barn and open the cabinet on the 2nd floor. The reward is really nice:

- Dalson Family Wedding Ring
- Farmer Dalson's Shotgun
- 2 Gold 50 Silver
- 7050 Exp