Enchant/Melee sorc
i want to make a melee/enchant sorc can you guys help me with idea for gear and where i should put my points....ty

Leon

Ok i just found out in a chat that a beast runeword may benifit an enchant sorc and i would like to know what u fine ppl have to say on the subject B)

MongoJerry put together a guide here that may answer a lot of your basic questions.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ok i'll take a look ty Leon
ShadowHM,May 5 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:MongoJerry put together a guide here that may answer a lot of your basic questions.
[right][snapback]76364[/snapback][/right]
I think Mongo needs to work on his build a little. While VERY delecate the melee sorceress is one of the biggest melee hitters in the game. Mongo says they won't get near a paladin or barb, well my melee sorc did melee damage about 4 or 5x that of my zealot paladin at the time. :) I'm not sure when he wrote that but even if it was pre 1.10 my melee sorc then was about equal in killing power to my berserk barb. I can just imagine now what they can do with a merc using a dream weapon. Too bad I play WoW now lol. ;)
Sir_Die_alot,May 6 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:I think Mongo needs to work on his build a little. While VERY delecate the melee sorceress is one of the biggest melee hitters in the game. Mongo says they won't get near a paladin or barb, well my melee sorc did melee damage about 4 or 5x that of my zealot paladin at the time. :) I'm not sure when he wrote that but even if it was pre 1.10 my melee sorc then was about equal in killing power to my berserk barb. I can just imagine now what they can do with a merc using a dream weapon. Too bad I play WoW now lol. ;)
[right][snapback]76418[/snapback][/right]

That guide surely does show it's age. It was written when 1.10 was still comparatively fresh and the idea of enchantresses was still considered somewhat weird. Those statements was probably made to avoid the obvious criticisms of the "traditionalists" who were all too keen to deflate any novel idea being thrown their way.

Later on the enchantress has gone mainstream and "enchant runs" are now one of the most popular ways for levelling up young characters.

Another semi-recent development is popularity of the Kingslayer runeword on enchantresses. A Kingslayer enchantress can get a pretty neat damage output out of her level 1 Vengeance oskill by maxing not just Fire Mastery, but also Lightning Mastery (and putting a few points into Cold Mastery). This also helps her against fire immunes.

Also some kooks over at DiabloII.net has discovered that two-handed axes are rather fast in the hand of a sorceress which prompted the "Executress" with her big bad Kingslayer Champion Axe (or Glorious Axe if you really want to make a point out of the "petite little sorceress wielding comically oversized weapons" thing).
Little Faith,May 6 2005, 05:49 AM Wrote:That guide surely does show it's age. It was written when 1.10 was still comparatively fresh and the idea of enchantresses was still considered somewhat weird. Those statements was probably made to avoid the obvious criticisms of the "traditionalists" who were all too keen to deflate any novel idea being thrown their way.
I would have to look but I think I remember criticising him on it then too. :)

Quote:Later on the enchantress has gone mainstream and "enchant runs" are now one of the most popular ways for levelling up young characters.
HA! neat. I was wondering if this build was going to become more mainstream when I saw the potential damage output of my melee sorc who wasn't equiped poorly but was probably only half as strong as she could be.

Quote:Another semi-recent development is popularity of the Kingslayer runeword on enchantresses. A Kingslayer enchantress can get a pretty neat damage output out of her level 1 Vengeance oskill by maxing not just Fire Mastery, but also Lightning Mastery (and putting a few points into Cold Mastery). This also helps her against fire immunes.
I actually knew about the lightning mastery thing, infact I might just be the one who really popularized it. It wasn't common knowledge, I think it was only just a side note even in the AB crowd, but I know after I started pointing it out on the battle.net forums (which it was first rebuked, even by Evilteletubby who asked me if I was sure) it became a common suggestion for people asking about melee sorcs. This was the real power behind my pre 1.10 melee sorc, enchant was just to help me grind lightning immunes down. As for current runewords, I think I would still rather zeal over kingslayer. The uninterruptability would be hard for me to put aside.

Quote:Also some kooks over at DiabloII.net has discovered that two-handed axes are rather fast in the hand of a sorceress which prompted the "Executress" with her big bad Kingslayer Champion Axe (or Glorious Axe if you really want to make a point out  of the "petite little sorceress wielding comically oversized weapons" thing).
[right][snapback]76437[/snapback][/right]
I can't see that being terribly practical (that term here is realitive ;) ) but might be fun.