A Couple of Random Things
Mirajj,Apr 30 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:First off...I've long been curious as to where the practice of using a plural to describe a single came from. I was confused for a while until I figured out that by "mob" a person is actually referring to a single monster. So I was wondering where this practice came from.
[right][snapback]75834[/snapback][/right]

I'm rehashing at this point, but "mob" was originally MOB. It originally stood for Mobile OBject and refers to an object that is self contained and contained movement code (or, more specifically, inherited movement code). So, a fireball wouldn't be a MOB, but most monsters (and depending on how the inheritance was written, players) would be MOBs. A MOB is a generic term that refers to anything using this same code (so it included moving NPCs, monsters, players, etc. but not weapons, armor, quest objects, etc.).

Mirajj,Apr 30 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:Second...In reading the WoW boards a little bit ago, I came across an interesting post. Basically, the OP was someone who trained Gnomish Engineering up to 300, decided he wanted to go Goblin, unlearned the profession, relearned the profession, and worked his way up to 225, only to find that his choice of Gnomish didn't reset.
[right][snapback]75834[/snapback][/right]

The mistake here is that while you can unlearn your profession data, nothing in the game (that I'm aware of) can unlearn a quest. Similarly, if you take up blacksmithing, abandon it, and relearn it, you will not be able to redo the blacksmithing quests.

<edit: specifically, I was not allowed to redo the quests in IF where you make copper items for recipes - I didn't check much more than that>
How I would dearly love to drop Dragonscale , had it around 5 - 6 weeks now and have made 1 thing , the biggest mistake I ever made , oh well , you live and learn :)
Take care