Guild Wars Noob Report
I thought this might be useful:

Item Salvage Guide

The right column is a list of items you have a chance of getting if you use an Expert salvage kit. :ph34r:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Occhidiangela,May 2 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:I beg to differ.  No game can be "perfect and bug free" on release.  There just isn't the money in a budget to do that.

Guild Wars was indeed ready, it meets the Good Enough™ standard.  Furthermore, by adopting the methods they did for timely updating and patching capability, Arena.net is able to respond far more quickly and effectively to bugs uncovered by players. 

Oh, don't get me wrong - I love the game, and I very much believe that the only thing it lacks is polish. I suppose that the negative connotation in that post came from the fact that the game "Felt" less polished then pretty much every beta event that A.N has held. In the 10 days between the April event, and release, they have changed the arenas, completely reshuffled the skills (Making for much less variety of builds in the early game), and changed attribute progressions. Now, I can see (And appreciate) the good elements of those changes (More skills gained by quests, less need to purchase skills, overall, allowing characters to unlock more), but they have left the "Has this game been released in the middle of a development transition phase?" feeling.

And I'm not regretting the 49.99$ CAD that I have spent. Not by a long shot here.

One of the other things that I tried to put across (Yet, unfortunately, failed) in my post, was that its nice to see that Arena.Net is indeed acknowledging that there are unresolved issues with the game, and issues that shouldn't be resolved in a patch a month from now. Not game-breaking issues, of course. Polish.
Swiss Mercenary,May 2 2005, 08:01 AM Wrote:Make the collector guy who accepts scale fins to the left of the town gate give you the devourer eggs that were so badly needed by Lochnar.  B)
[right][snapback]75991[/snapback][/right]
Coolness! :D I WoWed all weekend so I hadn't seen it. I'll have to check it out.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Nevermind.