Gnomeregan Guide
Howdy all,

The three members of the Secret Cow clan that actually play :) decided to do Gnomeregan tonight.

We did well, but were not successful. I've been looking for an answer to a couple of questions and haven't been able to find them, so I decided to ask here.

1.) How do you deal with the bombs that come out with Thermaplug? Does it have something to do with the buttons on the side of the bomb launchers? With 3 people, we don't have time or extra people to experiment with this :) We pretty much have to know what to do when we go in.

2.) Once we kill him, where is his office with the safe that we need to open (Horde quest Rig Wars)?

We just couldn't find a guide, either another player, or an out-of-game, that would tell us what to do here!

Thanks!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Apr 29 2005, 04:29 AM Wrote:Howdy all,

The three members of the Secret Cow clan that actually play :) decided to do Gnomeregan tonight.

We did well, but were not successful.  I've been looking for an answer to a couple of questions and haven't been able to find them, so I decided to ask here.

1.)  How do you deal with the bombs that come out with Thermaplug?  Does it have something to do with the buttons on the side of the bomb launchers?  With 3 people, we don't have time or extra people to experiment with this :)  We pretty much have to know what to do when we go in.

2.) Once we kill him, where is his office with the safe that we need to open (Horde quest Rig Wars)?

We just couldn't find a guide, either another player, or an out-of-game, that would tell us what to do here!

Thanks!
[right][snapback]75613[/snapback][/right]

1.) You have to press the button at the pylon where the light is up. You best designate one member, who only deals with the buttons, Thermaplugg himself you stick a tank, a healer (and a DPS) on, should be easy to deal with.

2.) I didn't play a Horde character up to that level yet.
Gurnsey,Apr 29 2005, 03:29 AM Wrote:1.)  How do you deal with the bombs that come out with Thermaplug?

I deliberately stood next to one of these as it trotted over to me, and it didn't seem to damage me in the slightest. Maybe one of the group I was in did something that I didn't see, but I pretty much just ignored them.

Quote:2.) Once we kill him, where is his office with the safe that we need to open (Horde quest Rig Wars)?

It's in the same chamber as he is - run round the outside of the room until you find it, it's just a chest on the floor. I guess they count the entire chamber as his 'office' :)
You don't know what you're talking about.
gothmog,Apr 28 2005, 09:56 PM Wrote:1.) You have to press the button at the pylon where the light is up. You best designate one member, who only deals with the buttons, Thermaplugg himself you stick a tank, a healer (and a DPS) on, should be easy to deal with.
[right][snapback]75616[/snapback][/right]

Well, there's only three of us - shaman/druid/warrior. It might work out well though - Thermaplug himself doesn't hit any harder than any other elite of that level; it's the bombs that destroyed us last time.

Since we'll only have 1.5 members actually dealing damage at a time, it will probably be a long fight. What I think we'll plan on doing next time is having the warrior and shaman start on Thermaplug, with the druid on button duty. When the shaman (me) runs low on mana, the druid will go on healing duty and I will start on buttons (we are in the same room so it's an easy matter to say "Low on mana! One, two, three, switch").

Of course, the insane gnome likes to smack people into the air and change targets, so it probably won't be as clean as all that. However, as long as we cut out all (or nearly all) of the bombs, I don't think it'll be a worry.

Thanks for the info!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Apr 29 2005, 07:32 AM Wrote:Well, there's only three of us - shaman/druid/warrior.  It might work out well though - Thermaplug himself doesn't hit any harder than any other elite of that level; it's the bombs that destroyed us last time.

Since we'll only have 1.5 members actually dealing damage at a time, it will probably be a long fight.  What I think we'll plan on doing next time is having the warrior and shaman start on Thermaplug, with the druid on button duty.  When the shaman (me) runs low on mana, the druid will go on healing duty and I will start on buttons (we are in the same room so it's an easy matter to say "Low on mana!  One, two, three, switch").

[right][snapback]75626[/snapback][/right]

Taking a long time to kill Thermaplug is a recipe for the bombs to take you out. They come more and more quickly the longer the fight takes. I solo'd him with my level 60 paladin on a lark the other night. As you can obviously guess my meager dps made it into a very protracted fight. At one point I noticed that he called for even more bombs and ALL the pylons dropped bombs at once. Your best chance for success is to pick up two more members. I suggest at least one a hunter as they can try to target the bombs that do get dropped.
lfd,Apr 29 2005, 04:41 AM Wrote:I deliberately stood next to one of these as it trotted over to me, and it didn't seem to damage me in the slightest.  Maybe one of the group I was in did something that I didn't see, but I pretty much just ignored them.
It's in the same chamber as he is - run round the outside of the room until you find it, it's just a chest on the floor.  I guess they count the entire chamber as his 'office' :)
[right][snapback]75620[/snapback][/right]

They do damage but it can be resisted. Maybe you got lucky on a resist?