Sets
So, as my username suggests, I collect sets, then build the characters. As I've stated before, I don't play battle.net, only LAN and single, always players 8 (mainly for increased drop percentages, greater challenge, and quicker leveling). So, the question is, for anyone who mules a bunch, what sets do you have complete, legit? Here's for me:

Angelic Raiment
Arctic Gear
Berserker's Arsenal
Cathan's Traps
Civerb's Vestments
Cleglaw's Brace
Death's Disguise
Hsarus' Defense
Infernal Tools
Iratha's Finery
Isenhart's Armory
Milabrega's Regalia
Sigon's Complete Steel
Tancred's Battlegear
Naj's Ancient Vestige

I used to have Vidala also, but in a moment of extreme stupidity a year or so back I deleted the character, so now only have 3/4, missing the armor. These sets are the collected works of about 3000 hours worth of playing over the course of 3 years (have played since game came out, haven't muled quite that long). I also have all but 20 of the uniques in the game as well. And have all but one or two items in every other set except Tal Rasha, which I only have one of, as I recall. About the only thing I lack is a large number of uber-rares, and I'm only missing those because I'm currently running roughly 184 characters, and out of those, only 7 are above level 80, and 4 of them really don't do so well with the new patch, and you can't find those items with a bunch of characters that average between levels 30-60.

Anyway, does anyone else have more of the expansion sets completed maybe?
Full Sigon's
Full Iratha's
Full Death's
Full Angelic's
Soupoftheday,Apr 27 2005, 01:12 PM Wrote:Full Sigon's
Full Iratha's
Full Death's
Full Angelic's
[right][snapback]75440[/snapback][/right]

So do you have a Sigon, Iratha, Death, and Angel? If so, what kind of characters, and what kind of strategies do you use for them?

If not, one major piece of advice I can give you for Iratha is make it an assassin, and put at least 10 or 15 skill points into Burst of Speed, as well as another 10-15 into Fade. Then you are so quick you're damn near untouchable, and you can also max out all resists at 90 for the situations where you're being hammered by magic (such as in Diablo's Lair). Will work REALLY well.
Sorry, sir, but I am a classical player only so I would know nothing about your assassin strategy. However...

I use full irathas on my Barbarian Speeder on classic.

Combine them + 30 faster run/walk boots + Hawkmail or Blinkbats = 20+30+10 = 60 faster run/walk. Then you get increased speed maxed and that gives you about 108 faster run/walk. That way you can speed after soceresses and foh'ers, etcetera.

I use angelic rings + ammy on basically any barbarian or physical paladin I make unless I need a different ammulet or ring extremely badly. Because 115 life + 2x AR that goes up every level is amazing and the most useful combonation in the game. I use angelic mantle for my low level duelers because of it's +1 to skills, fire resist and Magic Find.

I don't really use sigons for anything, I usually give away pieces of sigon for free...I suppose I do use it to level up characters that have high strength. Besides that.... Gloves + Helmet are pretty good because of massive Attack Rating and 30 IAS.

Death hand + belt is another favourite of mine, 30 ias, cannot be frozen and 15 to all resistence as well as a lot of defence from the belt depending on your level.