Druid DPS and Hit Frequency Tables?
Are there any DPS Tables for the Druid in his various forms up to level 60 (Caster, Bear and Cat), and are there any Hit Frequency Tables (Hits per Second) for the Bear and Cat forms?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Apr 26 2005, 09:15 PM Wrote:Are there any DPS Tables for the Druid in his various forms up to level 60 (Caster, Bear and Cat), and are there any Hit Frequency Tables (Hits per Second) for the Bear and Cat forms?
[right][snapback]75311[/snapback][/right]
Bear form attacks at a speed of 2.5 seconds between each attack. Cat form attacks once a second.

Base DPS varies a lot, but it ends up being around 61 DPS for cat and 56 DPS for bear form at level 60.
russ,Apr 27 2005, 04:19 AM Wrote:Bear form attacks at a speed of 2.5 seconds between each attack.  Cat form attacks once a second.

Base DPS varies a lot, but it ends up being around 61 DPS for cat and 56 DPS for bear form at level 60.
[right][snapback]75349[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the info. These are about the values that I had expected at Level 60 because the DPS values are similar, or even a bit better, than that of 2-hand weapons of the "Superior" (blue color) type for that level. The values also convince me that the Druid is an excellent, flexible melee class that is not nearly as dependent of superior equipment as i.e. the Warrior or Rogue.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Apr 27 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:Thanks for the info. These are about the values that I had expected at Level 60 because the DPS values are similar, or even a bit better, than that of 2-hand weapons of the "Superior" (blue color) type for that level. The values also convince me that the Druid is an excellent, flexible melee class that is not nearly as dependent of superior equipment as i.e. the Warrior or Rogue.
[right][snapback]75363[/snapback][/right]

In a way. There's some problems. Few rogues would use a 61 DPS dagger if it ran at 1.00 weapon speed, they'd rather have something with 40 DPS and 2.00 speed. Meanwhile, a warrior tanking would benefit more from a faster weapon for more rage and more evenly applied aggro, particularly since we get no skills in bear form which benefit particularly from a slow weapon, like Mortal Strike, Cleave, or Slam. Our remaining skills benefit more from a faster weapon.

But that's life. Druid forms do reasonably well, and best of all, you don't need to bother looking for a weapon that's blue just for its DPS and a #$%&ty proc. Stats ahoy.
The inherent weapon of both Druid combat feral forms at level 60 is 50.6 dps (a couple of patches ago Cat was a little lower), to which the usual bonus from attack power is applied. For bear this is pretty good (compared to the one handed weapon a warrior will be using when tanking); for cat (where it is better compared to duel-wielding) it's less impressive. The Druid versions of the Rogue skills do have higher bonuses, somewhat making up for the weakness of the fast attack speed.