Crashes on handing in quests in specific areas
The guy I usually quest with has an annoying issue with the game; handing in quests in Ratchet and Booty Bay causes him to disconnect. From my point of view, he stays in game in place for 2 minutes or so before dropping. This happened last night in Booty Bay; previously in Ratchet it'd happen but he'd still have 'completed' the quest, however in BB it happened on two successive occasions when trying to hand in the same quest. I don't know if he managed to get it completed or not, as it was late so he just gave up and went to bed. ;-)

He's using an nVidia 6600GT, although I don't think that's the issue as the ratchet crashes were happening with an ATI card. The common factor seems to be goblins, but he's not high enough level yet to see if the same thing happens in e.g. Gadgetzan.

Has anyone else had any problems handing in quests to goblins, or even better a suggested solution? I haven't noticed if there's a specific sound effect that plays when you hand in a quest to a goblin, so don't know if that's the problem...
You don't know what you're talking about.
Hiya , I had this problem when the game went retail here in EU , I had played in both US and EU beta's and everything was fine , a couple of weeks into retail and bam disconnect when handing in a quest , I have a post on this forum further down and how to resolve it . This happened to me on every single quest starting from around lvl 15 onwards , it was so annoying , anyway after a couple of weeks of getting disconnected on every quest I thought my WoW career was over . The answer for me was to buy a new network card , once that baby was in , I have not experienced any more disconnections :) . I dont know what card you have in , but my old one was a Netgear which , looking on the WoW site has had a few problems . I bought a U.S robotics , decent card for around £10 . Hope this helps :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Apr 26 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:I have a post on this forum further down and how to resolve it[right][snapback]75234[/snapback][/right]

Brilliant, thanks - I failed to drive the search engine properly by having 'ratchet' in my search terms, since the problem had seemed specific to that area (and booty bay). This is the thread for anyone who later searches and comes across this one ;-)

I'll pass the information on, and see what happens...
You don't know what you're talking about.