imbue
I haven't played since 1.09 and then started paying again, and I want to use my imbue on an elite weapon, but back in 1.09 you had like a 1/100000000 chance of ggetting an item that wasn't totally lame. has the imbue reward improved?
Well, rare items in general can be better now than in 1.09, so imbues can work out better. The odds are still against it, though. I usually save them for diadems.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Imbuing in order to get useful rare items is a waste of time.I have never got anything good , even with high level items and a high char.
The only useful items to imbue are circlets, that is coronets/circlets/tiaras/diadems.Diadems are the best items to imbue as they can get any mod available for circlets and without char level restrictions/drops levels.
Then after imbuing diadems, use the 6 perfect skulls formula to get a good useful rare diadem.I got one like that after using the 6 perf skulls formula;it was a +2 necro diadem with 20 % caster rate and 19 % resist all 54 % cold resist.