Upgrade 490 Eth Arreats?
I found an Eth Arreats couple days ago with 171% ed 490 def and i was wondering if its a wise choice to upgrade it or not? if i upgrade it what wil be the str req for that helm? and possible defend?

Thank u for help
Swiplakiej,Apr 25 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:I found an Eth Arreats couple days ago with 171% ed 490 def and i was wondering if its a wise choice to upgrade it or not? if i upgrade it what wil be the str req for that helm? and possible defend?

Thank u for help
[right][snapback]75173[/snapback][/right]

You should never upgrade any ethereal armour. Armour upgrades are bugged; the ethereal property will remain, but the defense bonus will disappear.

If you upgrade that helm, it'll drop from 490 defense to 317-455 defense, while the strength requirement jump from 108 to 186.
Swiplakiej,Apr 25 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:I found an Eth Arreats couple days ago with 171% ed 490 def and i was wondering if its a wise choice to upgrade it or not? if i upgrade it what wil be the str req for that helm? and possible defend?

Thank u for help

Strike two.

I won't bother reiterating what has already been said. In Occhi's words, Bottom line: If you can't put forth the effort to write a single sentence in reasonably correct English, rather then in Wankspeak, you won't fit in here. For your edification I herein provide links to Forum Rules, Etiquete, and FAQ.

For the consideration of the Lurkers you are requesting advice and answers from, take a few minutes when you type out your posts. If you can't be bothered with that, we can't be bothered with you.

As to your question:

*edit: adeyke beat me to it, with a better answer*

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Apr 25 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:Strike two.

I won't bother reiterating what has already been said.  In Occhi's words, Bottom line: If you can't put forth the effort to write a single sentence in reasonably correct English, rather then in Wankspeak, you won't fit in here. For your edification I herein provide links to Forum Rules, Etiquete, and FAQ.

For the consideration of the Lurkers you are requesting advice and answers from, take a few minutes when you type out your posts.  If you can't be bothered with that, we can't be bothered with you.

As to your question:

*edit: adeyke beat me to it, with a better answer*

gekko
[right][snapback]75176[/snapback][/right]

Chill men Chill if u wanna kick me for my bad english go ahead and iam not english men or amercian so Chill
Swiplakiej,Apr 26 2005, 08:28 AM Wrote:Chill men Chill if u wanna kick me for my bad english go ahead  and iam not english men or amercian so Chill
[right][snapback]75229[/snapback][/right]

It is not about bad english, it is about trying to write correctly. Of course not everybody is englisch or american, but we all try our best.

Your answer to gekko makes me believe you are not really trying hard.

We don't ask you to write perfect english, but we would like to see some civilized english
Swiplakiej,Apr 26 2005, 02:28 AM Wrote:Chill men Chill if u wanna kick me for my bad english go ahead  and iam not english men or amercian so Chill
[right][snapback]75229[/snapback][/right]

No excuse.

A lot of non native English speakers post here. They have the courtesy to put forth the effort to not treat the Lounge like a chat room. Please do the same, or depart for other forums.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
eppie,Apr 26 2005, 01:51 PM Wrote:Of course not everybody is englisch or american
[right][snapback]75254[/snapback][/right]

Careful of the typo's :whistling:

:w00t:

(sorry in advance, just couldn't resist)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Swiplakiej,Apr 25 2005, 06:26 PM Wrote:I found an Eth Arreats couple days ago with 171% ed 490 def and i was wondering if its a wise choice to upgrade it or not? if i upgrade it what wil be the str req for that helm? and possible defend?

Thank u for help

dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
it'll mess up the defense badly, its some weird bug
dont up any etheral item period....i learned the hard way
FCOMAN,Jul 3 2005, 06:13 PM Wrote:dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
it'll mess up the defense badly, its some weird bug
dont up any etheral item period....i learned the hard way
[right][snapback]82351[/snapback][/right]

Why, thank you for just repeating an answer that was already given several months ago.
adeyke,Jul 4 2005, 04:04 AM Wrote:Why, thank you for just repeating an answer that was already given several months ago.
[right][snapback]82357[/snapback][/right]
Not to mention that he suggested not upgrading any ethereal item, whereas the bug only exists for ethereal armours.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Will putting a zod rune in an ethereal armor mess it up?
No.

At least, not in any way I can think of. It might raise the level requirement, but that's to be expected.