The 100 Greatest Americans
whyBish,Apr 26 2005, 03:41 AM Wrote:Neither am I.  Pity that time doesn't run backwards  :P
[right][snapback]75233[/snapback][/right]

If time ran backward, all events could be cancelled out. End result would be that nothing would ever happen. Limbo. I think.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 26 2005, 07:37 AM Wrote:If time ran backward, all events could be cancelled out.  End result would be that nothing would ever happen.  Limbo.  I think.
[right][snapback]75250[/snapback][/right]

I think you shouldn't limbo running backwards. Something might happen, like bonking your head or pulling a muscle!
Doc,Apr 25 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:For a very brief time in my life I plunged deeply into every last bit of anger and frusteration I had bottled up in my soul. It was raw, emotional, and very powerful. It felt so much like the right thing. How could anything that felt this good, this right, be wrong? I went down that path. But I got rescued. I got snatched. And I had somebody get it into my thick skull that this was WRONG! I changed.
[right][snapback]75075[/snapback][/right]

:blink:

Doc fell to the Dark Side?

:ph34r:

(This lighthearted interlude has been brought to you by the letter R)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Apr 26 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote::blink:

Doc fell to the Dark Side?

:ph34r:

(This lighthearted interlude has been brought to you by the letter R)
[right][snapback]75278[/snapback][/right]

If only you knew the power of the Dark Side... No more emotional constipation!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Occhidiangela,Apr 25 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:OK, do you have evidence of this on film, or is this just more liberal rumor mongering!  :D  Or do you mean that this would only be interesting if you had read the list backwards.  How does your reading order influence their . . . well, you get the idea.  :o

Occhi
[right][snapback]75211[/snapback][/right]

:P

In serious terms, it would have been strange since George is the one doing things while Laura isn't. I was thinking that the list was in a 1-100 order of great to less great, so it was strange that the person doing more stuff would be below the person doing less.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Doc,Apr 26 2005, 09:51 AM Wrote:If only you knew the power of the Dark Side... No more emotional constipation!
[right][snapback]75280[/snapback][/right]

Embrace the hate.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Why is Arnold on there? Isn't he Austrian?

What was the name of that guy who had the radio and tv-programme about American history? "Letters from America" or something.

edit: I IMDBed "letters from America" and came back empty. Does anyone remember his name? He might have been British, but if they're accepting Austrians, Britons shouldn't be disqualified.

edit#2: Alistair Cooke was his name, and his series was "Masterpiece Theatre", running from 1971-1993.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Apr 27 2005, Wrote:Why is Arnold on there? Isn't he Austrian?

What was the name of that guy who had the radio and tv-programme about American history? "Letters from America" or something.

edit: I IMDBed "letters from America" and came back empty. Does anyone remember his name? He might have been British, but if they're accepting Austrians, Britons shouldn't be disqualified.

edit#2: Alistair Cooke was his name, and his series was "Masterpiece Theatre", running from 1971-1993.
[right][snapback]75362[/snapback][/right]

No, he is an American. He was born in Austria, grew up there, IIRC served in the Austrian army, and then emigrated to America in the 1960's. He applied for and became a naturalized American citizen. He is also ineligible to be a president, since he was born in Austria. Our law requires native birth.

"Ahnold" is an American, an American citizen and a citizen of the State of California, just as my grandmother and grandfather became Americans, American citizens, by following the legal process to become one.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Doc,Apr 26 2005, 01:51 PM Wrote:If only you knew the power of the Dark Side... No more emotional constipation!
[right][snapback]75280[/snapback][/right]
Sounds good to me. *smashes monitor*
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!