Worst pregame national anthem ever
Clicky for link!

[Image: h042232a6vu.jpg]
Quote:Montreal singer Marcil struggles performing U.S. anthem at exhibition hockey game
Caroline Marcil, who failed twice singing the United States national anthem, gets up after falling on the ice at the beginning of an exhibition game.

The singer was slated to perform the national anthems prior to the United States' 5-4 exhibition hockey win over Canada. However, she sang neither after twice failing to complete the Star Spangled Banner when she seemingly forgot the words.

After apologizing to the crowd, Marcil left the ice and headed back towards the dressing room - to a smattering of boos from the Quebec Coliseum crowd of 7,166 - presumably to get the words.

But when the young woman returned to the ice, the carpet slipped out from underneath her, causing Marcil to fall hard. After lying motionless on the ice for a few seconds, she left on her own and television replays showed a despondent Marcil being consoled in the hallway adjacent to the ice surface.

The carpet came to rest at centre ice and American player Doug Weight and an unidentified teammate skated it back to the area where Marcil, the daughter of Rene Marcil, the past president of Hockey Quebec, was to perform. But by that time she had left the ice.

When Marcil left, the decision was made to proceed with the opening faceoff without the singing of either anthem.

Although he felt bad for Marcil, Canadian netminder Martin Brodeur couldn't help but chuckle about her struggles.

"You've got to give her credit, she came back twice and fell once," he said with a laugh. "It's definitely a different way to start a hockey game than we're used to.

"There was a little bit of humour involved. It was just too bad for her. I was just thinking that I hope she's not on Canadian Idol."

Canadian coach Marc Habscheid, on the other hand, felt nothing but sympathy for the young woman.

"We felt bad for her," he said. "It was just unfortunate."
© The Canadian Press 2005

I watched the film of this and it was pretty bad. I felt really awful for this young lady. She messed up the US national anthem twice and fell flat on her tushie. I'm pretty sure she's probably crying in a lonely dark corner right now.
That is indeed unfortunate. I bet it wouldn't have been so bad if they had taken the time to thaw out the playing field before the game. So much ice all over the place makes for quite a slip hazard, does it not?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hehehe.. Poor gal. Does anyone have the video clip?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Sounds almost like Naked Gun.

Probably was hard, but these kind of big oops's happen, so Iguess she'll take some time and get over it.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
During the NFL Playoffs there was a kid doing the national anthem for the Eagles, he had already done it once for them. He wasn't doing that good of a job, and my friend goes "what, is this kid retarded?" "Yes, actually, he is." :unsure:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
DeeBye,Apr 24 2005, 12:25 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure she's probably crying in a lonely dark corner right now.

The problem with heading out into the limelight is that sometimes, you look the fool. The bigger the stage, the larger the impact of a faux pas. Sorry that she had such a public gaff, I hope that she can find a few pints of Guinness and laugh about this with her friends.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
[wcip]Angel,Apr 24 2005, Wrote:Hehehe.. Poor gal. Does anyone have the video clip?
[right][snapback]74952[/snapback][/right]

From ctv.ca - it's on the right.

I feel really bad for her, that's one of those things people will never forget. I expect three websites devoted to "Falling National Anthem Girl" remixes within the week.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Oy. The initial humiliation must have been bad enough, but pile on the media attention...television networks all over North America focused on you and your moment of shame... :ph34r: I'd go hide in a cave.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Mithrandir,Apr 25 2005, 01:26 AM Wrote:From ctv.ca - it's on the right.
[right][snapback]74996[/snapback][/right]

It's like watching a [Image: wreckbig.jpg]. It's painful and sad, yet I can't look away :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw