Video game skills
Hi

I play alot of on-line Poker...the World Poker Tour on TV got me hooked :D

Check out the Women that play http://www.poker-babes.com/bio/evelyn-ng/

Quote:Gaming helps traders score big-time

By Tracey Logan
BBC Go Digital presenter 

Video game skills and a good poker face  B)  online are becoming essential job qualifications in the financial markets, with recruitment drives assessing potential star traders in online gaming exams. 

"It is Unlikely that we would hire someone who didn't show good proficiency at a GameBoy or online poker or similar video-type game where hand-to-eye coordination is important" she said.

Gaming helps traders score big-time
Quote:Make a copy of this story for MoM & DaD  :D

"You've obviously got to be cool under pressure" said one trader, "and mentally alert. But I wouldn't have thought training people on GameBoys would help you down there."

But those game skills, developed despite parental fears for their offspring's social development, are exactly what is required for a lucrative future on the digital trading floor.

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hand-eye coordination? What does that have to do with poker? I'd think it has much more to do with actual sports.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Poker is more for probability and awareness of betting styles and body language. Of course body language is limited with online poker...

I would think more action oriented video games would help had eye coordination. Back in High School I read a study that folks who played video games became better helicopter pilots in shorter periods of time. I could understand that as long as the video game player was not a video game junkie.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Lady Vashj,Apr 25 2005, 10:01 AM Wrote:Hand-eye coordination?  What does that have to do with poker?  I'd think it has much more to do with actual sports.
[right][snapback]75071[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure they meant Video games...Altho if you cheat at Poker & deal off the bottom of the deck, then Hand-eye coordination would play into it :P

A good Poker face would benifit a Stock trader who Lies alot :ph34r:

Quote:Btw Ladies check out the men who play poker  :wub:

Poker Guys :w00t:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.