Thank you, Blizzard!
Thank you, Blizzard, for this entertaining weekend !! (Perhaps, if you're playing on the Alliance side?)

A picture says more than thousand words (screenshot just taken on Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 20:30 CET in Tarren Mill on RP Server "Cenarion Circle") :

[Image: WoW_PvP_Bullshot.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller

I'm unable to see this screenshot? Just me or anyone else having troubles? I can see all the SS in the post a few topics down.

The forum software is filtering the last word of your URL. I suggest Bullshoot will be pass the filter's muster. :)
Can't see it but I'm sure I know what it is. Maybe we should call this weekend "Horde Escape to Instance Weekend". :glare:
Aren't there already two or three other threads on this? Do we really need a new one every day?

Anyway, next patch should get better, since Kalgan said Battlegrounds will be out and players will get Dishonor for killing quest NPCs.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Tal,Apr 23 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:The forum software is filtering the last word of your URL. I suggest Bullshoot will be pass the filter's muster. :)
[right][snapback]74903[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the pointer. Fixed :)

Note, for example, the left Alliance guy (I can't see any Horde guy, anyway) from a guild called "Guts and Glory" - Wow, what a heroic deed that was, indeed!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quark,Apr 23 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:Aren't there already two or three other threads on this?  Do we really need a new one every day?

Anyway, next patch should get better, since Kalgan said Battlegrounds will be out and players will get Dishonor for killing quest NPCs.
[right][snapback]74905[/snapback][/right]
I'm just taking the opportunity to post a screenshot about this half-baked, horrible PvP BS on my RP server, because I know that Blizzard reps are lurking here. Now we have to deal with that for weeks now until it gets hopefully better.
Ugh, I'm glad my server has a balanced population.
Boutros,Apr 23 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:Ugh, I'm glad my server has a balanced population.
[right][snapback]74912[/snapback][/right]
To be fair, even on servers with balanced populations, Tarren Mill is still a complete and utter warzone. It has the problem of being incredibly convinient for alliance zerglings, and the questgivers et al are so low-level that area effect spells kill them constantly. It's a bad time to be a 20-something horde member on any server.
stabby,Apr 24 2005, 02:55 AM Wrote:To be fair, even on servers with balanced populations, Tarren Mill is still a complete and utter warzone.  It has the problem of being incredibly convinient for alliance zerglings, and the questgivers et al are so low-level that area effect spells kill them constantly.  It's a bad time to be a 20-something horde member on any server.
[right][snapback]74926[/snapback][/right]
100% agreed. Tarren Mill needs special attention now and significant security measures in a future patch. Otherwise, that area - one of the best in the game for Horde/Undead, by the way - will become a nasty, Alliance-infested place with gazillions of jerks grinding daily for "Honor" points. Maybe some locations like Tarren Mill, or their NPC's respectively, should become unattackable now on RP or PvE servers. I don't have a problem with that.

As far as server population stats goes, I've just found these very informative links:

EU Server Population:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php

US Server Population:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php

As one can see by the lists, the Alliance is on most servers significantly stronger, and in my case on the EU server "Cenarion Circle", the ratio Alliance vs. Horde is about 2:1, which is horrible for PvP if you are Horde. So, whenever a Blizzard rep wants to talk you into "the fractions are (well) balanced on all servers", just show him the above links ;)
I'm fed up of it Already , I took a trip yesterday , Crossroads is under attack (when is'nt it on this server) , Camp Taurejo is under attack , Camp mojache is under attack , Orgrimmar is under attack , Undercity is under attack , Tarren mill is under attack . This is the PvE server Dragonblight , where 68% of the population are alliance characters . I paid a 6 month subscription to play PvE now all I have is PvP rammed down my throat . Dont play an alt because alliance are just standing around killing off quest NPC's constantly . Crossroads is decimated every single day and night constantly , and this was before the patch . The other night I watched 1 yes 1 Night elf clear the quest NPC's in such a way as not to attract the guards , when the guards did come , she would run for 10 seconds , come back , rinse and repeat , it is getting sickening to low lvl quest for some people . Crossroads guards and some other spots need those guards beefed up and actually be aware at some point , that not 5 yards away quest / vendor NPC's are dieing . Personally I could have done without it , It's brought out all the PvP wannabe's who would be outclassed in a real PvP environment , grrrrr
Take care
To make things even worse, the natural technical limitations with respect to 3D doesn't seem to interest Blizzard developers either. Obviously every Blizzard developer has a Cray supercomputer that can easily display 100+ fully equipped 3D characters at the same time. Not just are the constantly dead NPC's annoying, dear Blizzard, my hardware CHOKES too whenever I approach, for example, Tarren Mill. Why don't you just leave PvP where it belongs: on the PvP servers, and maybe closed arenas on PvE and RP servers? Why, why, why? Someone enlighten me, please ...
Must we really discuss this on yet ANOTHER thread?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
nobbie,Apr 24 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:As one can see by the lists, the Alliance is on most servers significantly stronger, and in my case on the EU server "Cenarion Circle", the ratio Alliance vs. Horde is about 2:1, which is horrible for PvP if you are Horde. So, whenever a Blizzard rep wants to talk you into "the fractions are (well) balanced on all servers", just show him the above links ;)

Blizzard has said many times that sites utilizing some sort of census mods report false data.
TaiDaishar,Apr 24 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:Must we really discuss this on yet ANOTHER thread?
[right][snapback]74950[/snapback][/right]

Do we really need you to say what has already been said in this thread or is it just selective reading , or maybe you just did'nt bother to read where someone else already said the exact same thing .
Take care
nobbie,Apr 24 2005, 04:33 AM Wrote:100% agreed. Tarren Mill needs special attention now and significant security measures in a future patch. Otherwise, that area - one of the best in the game for Horde/Undead, by the way - will become a nasty, Alliance-infested place with gazillions of jerks grinding daily for "Honor" points. Maybe some locations like Tarren Mill, or their NPC's respectively, should become unattackable now on RP or PvE servers. I don't have a problem with that.
[right][snapback]74947[/snapback][/right]

No high level Horde - no honor. Killing Quest NPCs (next patch) - dishonor. They only get honor out of it if your side lets them get honor out of it.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 24 2005, 03:02 PM Wrote:No high level Horde - no honor.  Killing Quest NPCs (next patch) - dishonor.  They only get honor out of it if your side lets them get honor out of it.
[right][snapback]74960[/snapback][/right]

But since they're not currently punished for doing so, they can just do it anyway, because they know eventually someone WILL flag just to get them to stop messing the game up for the lower level players.

"It'll be fixed next patch" isn't good enough. It should've been painfully obvious from the test servers that this is what would happen.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Raven Vale,Apr 24 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:Do we really need you to say what has already been said in this thread or is it just selective reading , or maybe you just did'nt bother to read where someone else already said the exact same thing .
[right][snapback]74953[/snapback][/right]

Sigh... someone has already said it before me and yet it continues, are you sure I am the one with the selective reading?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
lfd,Apr 24 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:But since they're not currently punished for doing so, they can just do it anyway, because they know eventually someone WILL flag just to get them to stop messing the game up for the lower level players.

"It'll be fixed next patch" isn't good enough.  It should've been painfully obvious from the test servers that this is what would happen.
[right][snapback]74962[/snapback][/right]

It should have been obvious from Beta that this would happen.
lfd,Apr 24 2005, 10:40 AM Wrote:But since they're not currently punished for doing so, they can just do it anyway, because they know eventually someone WILL flag just to get them to stop messing the game up for the lower level players.

"It'll be fixed next patch" isn't good enough.  It should've been painfully obvious from the test servers that this is what would happen.
[right][snapback]74962[/snapback][/right]

This was happening before the patch came out. It just wasn't nearly as prevalent. Everytime someone fights back, you give them more of an excuse to keep doing it. If you don't let them get honor out of it, things would be like they were before the patch. They're trying to pick a fight, and you know what? It's working.