The Immortal Minion?
I'm new to the forum, but have been playing D2 since it came out. After a few months (and having moved a few times) away, I rediscovered my Diablo discs and have been playing like crazy again, and something occurred to me, and I wanted to ask if anybody has tried or knows the answer before I waste an item attempting it.

If you make an iron golem, it takes on properties of the item you made it from, right? So what if you make an iron golem from an indestructable item? Given item expense it's not something you could do all the time, but I'm curious. Would you have an industructable golem?
brakUF,Apr 23 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:I'm new to the forum, but have been playing D2 since it came out.  After a few months (and having moved a few times) away, I rediscovered my Diablo discs and have been playing like crazy again, and something occurred to me, and I wanted to ask if anybody has tried or knows the answer before I waste an item attempting it.

If you make an iron golem, it takes on properties of the item you made it from, right?  So what if you make an iron golem from an indestructable item?  Given item expense it's not something you could do all the time, but I'm curious.  Would you have an industructable golem?
[right][snapback]74887[/snapback][/right]

No. For the purpose of game mechanics, the golem is equipping the item you used. Equipping an indestructible item does nothing to reduce damage.
adeyke,Apr 23 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:No.  For the purpose of game mechanics, the golem is equipping the item you used.  Equipping an indestructible item does nothing to reduce damage.
[right][snapback]74891[/snapback][/right]

Ah, thanks. That makes total sense. I just wasn't sure how the item related to the golem. Good to know! Thanks much