"Tank Girl" was a good movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/

In 2033, justice rides a tank and wears lip gloss.

[Image: tankgirl10bo.jpg]

Lori Petty plays the title role. I had a crush on her :wub:
[Image: petty11xj.jpg]

Malcolm McDowell is the bad guy. Look at how evil he is!
[Image: malcolm17zt.jpg]

More Lori Petty.
[Image: petty20qh.jpg]

Lori Petty, covered in white dust, kisses her future sidekick.
[Image: petty38tu.jpg]

Lori Petty with a TANK behind her. Hello Tank Girl!
[Image: petty49nm.jpg]

Her tank is decked out after she modifies it.
[Image: tank10px.jpg]

Ice T is in this film. He is a kangaroo/man hybrid genetically engineered to be a super soldier (I am not kidding). Collectively, these kangaroo/man hybrids are known as Rippers.
[Image: icet26av.jpg]

There is a lot of great hand-drawn animation in this film.
[Image: animation15xq.jpg]

Tank Girl rates pretty low according to IMDB (4.6 out of 10), but I think it deserves a higher score. Lori Petty is all kinds of cute, Malcolm McDowell is the prototypical evil bad guy, and ICE T AS A KANGAROO MAN LEADING A BAND OF OTHER KANGAROO MEN SAVE THE DAY! I honestly don't know what's not to like about this film.
DeeBye, as a long standing member of TMTOTH, I would like to present you with this award:

DeeBye: Too Much Time On Their Hands' Man Of The Year

Congratulations!

:lol: :P ;) :P :lol:

[edit] Forgot smilies showing intention to not offend! :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
DeeBye,Apr 23 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:Tank Girl rates pretty low according to IMDB (4.6 out of 10),
[right][snapback]74875[/snapback][/right]
:( People don't know a fun little movie when they see it. Is it Oscar material? No, but it certainly does entertain. Spread the word DeeBye!
Intolerant monkey.
Man, that movie made my head hurt.
I didn't find it as fun to watch as it is to talk about it. It's more fun to tell people about it than it is to see it.

Then again, I may just have had a bad movie day.
DeeBye,Apr 23 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:Tank Girl rates pretty low according to IMDB (4.6 out of 10), but I think it deserves a higher score.  Lori Petty is all kinds of cute, Malcolm McDowell is the prototypical evil bad guy, and ICE T AS A KANGAROO MAN LEADING A BAND OF OTHER KANGAROO MEN SAVE THE DAY! I honestly don't know what's not to like about this film.
[right][snapback]74875[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for truth.

- Lori Petty is hot. Not 'omg supermodel' attractive, just 'I wanna jump some bones' sex appeal. (which in some cases is even better :ph34r: )

- Malcolm McDowell can do no wrong. He's one of my personal idols (up there with Mark Hamill and Rutger Hauer).

- Ice T is the man. Come on, who else could pull off a man-kangaroo super soldier? Yeah, I thought so. Plus, he was in Johnny Mnemonic, another of my 'guilty pleasures' favorite movies. :wacko:

Also, as a random aside, I was floored after watching Castle in the Sky for the first time and wondering why Musco's voice was so familiar the whole time, and seeing in the credits that Mark Hamill voiced him. Hayao Miyazaki + Luke Skywalker = win!

(Oh, and Anna Paquin was nice, too :wub: )

So, in conclusion:

[Image: approveautobots.jpg]

EDIT: And DeeBye, if you keep posting these awesome threads, I'm going to have to come up with some sort of award for you, I swear!
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Apr 23 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:- Malcolm McDowell can do no wrong.  He's one of my personal idols (up there with Mark Hamill and Rutger Hauer).
[right][snapback]74925[/snapback][/right]

Okay, you've got to be a Wing Commander fan, then. If you're not and like McDowell and Hamill, you should be! And if you are, then, ... good!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 23 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:Okay, you've got to be a Wing Commander fan, then.  If you're not and like McDowell and Hamill, you should be!  And if you are, then, ... good!
[right][snapback]74928[/snapback][/right]

Well, I am a fan, although I haven't been able to play all the games. I've played the first two, a bit of 3, Armada and Prophecy. So I missed all the Tolwyn stuff in the latter half of 3, and in 4 and 5. :(

I guess I could check Underdogs to see if they're public domain yet, but I doubt they'd run right on a moderm computer anyway.

But McDowell gets all sorts of awesome roles - like in Giga Shadow (fourth 'Tales From a Parallel Universe' movie, which later became Lexx) he plays a high priest who is stabbed in the neck, revived by space insect goo, then has his head squeezed off in a giant brain-sphincter. :wacko:
WarLocke,Apr 23 2005, 10:48 PM Wrote:EDIT:  And DeeBye, if you keep posting these awesome threads, I'm going to have to come up with some sort of award for you, I swear!
[right][snapback]74925[/snapback][/right]

There are a lot of really entertaining movies out there that never got much publicity because the professional film critics disliked them. I know that films like Tank Girl and Robot Wars were poorly acted, poorly directed etc., but they were entertaining damnit! A movie doesn't have to be Oscar material for me to appreciate it. I might actually be one of the few people on earth that actually enjoyed Waterworld.

That doesn't mean that I like watching every piece of crap Hollywood throws out. I just enjoy originality, and little things like bad special effects and gaping plotholes aren't enough to prevent me from enjoying a critical failure.
DeeBye,Apr 23 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:I might actually be one of the few people on earth that actually enjoyed Waterworld.
[right][snapback]74930[/snapback][/right]

I liked it too. Although it did seem to drag on at times, I loved the world they came up with. What exactly was the 'problem' with it? (Other than costing $190 million or whatever to make and only grossing $60m?)

Kevin Costner is another actor I really like that most people seem not to. Maybe it has to do with the types of movies he does though - I really, really love The Postman, even though the movie is nothing like David Brin's novel, it's still so awesome.
DeeBye,Apr 23 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:I might actually be one of the few people on earth that actually enjoyed Waterworld.
[right][snapback]74930[/snapback][/right]

I just got into an argument about that earlier this week. Apparantly liking Waterworld is a crime to some people :blink:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
WarLocke,Apr 23 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:I guess I could check Underdogs to see if they're public domain yet, but I doubt they'd run right on a moderm computer anyway.
[right][snapback]74929[/snapback][/right]

WC3, with a Win95 patch, should run on modern computers. You can even get the trilogy + expansion packs in a Windows-upgraded version. WC4 is a newer version of WC3 essentially, so that should run too. I never actually played Prophecy, I should do that some day ...
Quark,Apr 23 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:I just got into an argument about that earlier this week.  Apparantly liking Waterworld is a crime to some people  :blink:
[right][snapback]74932[/snapback][/right]

[Image: omfz.jpg]

:angry:

(See? Another awesome movie reference :whistling: )
the Webpage is not found
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
Treesh,Apr 23 2005, 06:37 AM Wrote::( People don't know a fun little movie when they see it.  Is it Oscar material?  No, but it certainly does entertain.  Spread the word DeeBye!
[right][snapback]74885[/snapback][/right]

A recommendation like this is more akin to spreading something other than "the word". Syphilis comes to mind first.

:blink:

-A
ICanChangTheWorLd,Apr 24 2005, 12:41 AM Wrote:the Webpage is not found
[right][snapback]74935[/snapback][/right]

Thank you for that valuable feedback!
Quark,Apr 23 2005, 11:43 PM Wrote:I just got into an argument about that earlier this week.  Apparantly liking Waterworld is a crime to some people  :blink:
[right][snapback]74932[/snapback][/right]

Waterworld was pretty cool. It's like Mad Max on the high seas. Dennis Hopper was a great villain.
WarLocke,Apr 23 2005, 10:46 PM Wrote:[Image: omfz.jpg]

:angry:

(See?  Another awesome movie reference :whistling: )
[right][snapback]74934[/snapback][/right]

All hail General ZOD!!

What he did to Rushmore was priceless.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Every year or two I get the urge to watch Waterworld or The Postman. Both movies are of some entertainment value.

Most people's beef with Kevin Costner movies is that he plays the same character set in different situations.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Apr 25 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Most people's beef with Kevin Costner movies is that he plays the same character set in different situations.
[right][snapback]75090[/snapback][/right]

But so does Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise? :blink: