Clay and Iron Golem Base Resists?
Does anyone know the base resists of my clay and iron companion. It seems to me that iron golem has more lightning resist than the other resists, and clay has more cold resist. Can anyone confirm the actual amount of resists the golem would have in hell diffculty? This is ignoring any resists I have from the summon resist skill.
KelKnowles,Apr 22 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:Does anyone know the base resists of my clay and iron companion.  It seems to me that iron golem has more lightning resist than the other resists, and clay has more cold resist.  Can anyone confirm the actual amount of resists the golem would have in hell diffculty?  This is ignoring any resists I have from the summon resist skill.
[right][snapback]74800[/snapback][/right]
I'm not at my computer to check, but if I remember correctly Iron Golem has 50% lightning resist, and is immune to poison (not sure how much, but over 100%). Clay golem, well, I don't know. I've never used it long enough. I would guess it is nothing.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Heiho,

according to some mpq readers, Clay Golem has
25 physical, 20 lightning and 50 cold resistance.

for the records:
Blood Golem has
20 poison and 20 magical* resistance.

Iron Golem has
50 lightning and 100 poison resistance

Fire Golem has
100 fire resistance (making his inherent fire absorb useless until he is convinced or LR'd)

These numbers are equal in all difficulties.
The Bonus via Summon Resist adds up to that numbers.
The IG also gets resistances from the Item used to create him. It is possible to create a quadimmune Golem that way, but the Unsummon life bar doesn't show this correctly.

* magical as in magic damage aka bone spells, Blessed Hammer and Zerk.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Apr 25 2005, 02:27 AM Wrote:Heiho,

according to some mpq readers, Clay Golem has
25 physical, 20 lightning and 50 cold resistance.

for the records:
Blood Golem has
20 poison and 20 magical* resistance.

Iron Golem has
50 lightning and 100 poison resistance

Fire Golem  has
100 fire resistance (making his inherent fire absorb useless until he is convinced or LR'd)

These numbers are equal in all difficulties.
The Bonus via Summon Resist adds up to that numbers.
The IG also gets resistances from the Item used to create him. It is possible to create a quadimmune Golem that way, but the Unsummon life bar doesn't show this correctly.

* magical as in magic damage aka bone spells, Blessed Hammer and Zerk.
[right][snapback]75020[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the reply. Too bad Iron golem doesnt get much life boost at high levels, or Id probably use it more with a nice base item.
KelKnowles,Apr 25 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:Thanks for the reply.  Too bad Iron golem doesnt get much life boost at high levels, or Id probably use it more with a nice base item.
[right][snapback]75174[/snapback][/right]

You may be surprised. My summoner maxed golem mastery and, whenever possible, makes his iron golems out of pally shields socketed with perfect diamonds. A fireghtning/cold/poison immune iron golem with maxed golem mastery lasts a long time, particularly if there are other minions or players around to keep all the heat from overwhelming him. I honestly don't even remember the last time my golem died.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"