Happy Birthday!
Today (or rather this morning) I turned the tender age of 20. :wub:

Birthdays are special days for a lot of people, and are quite memorable. My question to my fellow Lurkers is in reflection of birthdays past, what were the best ones? Best presents, best parties, best cakes, best company? Or even what were the worst?

I'm sure there are a few lurking out there who have stories of birthdays gone awry, and birthdays gone spectacularly.

So far my best birthday present was the book The Histories by Herodotus. Its the first book I really felt consumed in, and enjoyed every page.

A belated happy birthday to everyone at the lounge,

Munk
Happy Birthday young whippersnapper!

Best B-Day - would probably be the year the wife and I took our daughter to the local Jellystone campground for a toddler's halloween weekend. It was great fun decorating one of the cabins for Halloween, watching my daughter get the hang of trick or treating and partake in all the different Halloween activities. :)
Munkay,Apr 21 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:Today (or rather this morning) I turned the tender age of 20.  :wub:

Birthdays are special days for a lot of people, and are quite memorable.  My question to my fellow Lurkers is in reflection of birthdays past, what were the best ones?  Best presents, best parties, best cakes, best company?  Or even what were the worst?

I'm sure there are a few lurking out there who have stories of birthdays gone awry, and birthdays gone spectacularly.

So far my best birthday present was the book The Histories by Herodotus.  Its the first book I really felt consumed in, and enjoyed every page.

A belated happy birthday to everyone at the lounge,

Munk
[right][snapback]74767[/snapback][/right]

Best. My 33rd. My son was born that day.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 22 2005, 08:24 AM Wrote:Best.  My 33rd.  My son was born that day.

Occhi
[right][snapback]74794[/snapback][/right]

Lucky you :)

I tried to arrange for that sort of gift for my husband's 44th birthday. But the son in question had his own ideas about sharing birthdays. :) He was born in the wee hours of the the next morning.

Happy Birthday, Munkay :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Mine was definately my when I turned 21 this year. No, I did not go out and get toasted, I instead when out and had two drinks with two of my really good friends. It's nice when you can all go out together and not have to worry about who's not 21, especially in a college town like West Lafayette and Lafaytte, IN.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
congruations to you, man
*hi~!I am John. 21years old. I am a chinese. creay about Diablo2!
my yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hallo. Ich bin John. 21jahr alt. Ich bin ein Chinese.
Meine yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*hola!Soy John.Soy chino.
esto es mi yahoo messager:diablo_john11
*大家好!我叫林洵。中国人,21岁。是暗黑破坏神的忠实玩家。
我的雅虎:diablo_john11。我的QQ:408687898
*お早うございます!私は林询と申します!中国人です。。。二十一歲です!
私の雅虎:diablo_john11 私のQQ:408687898(中国地区限り)
My 18th birthday I spent at my brother's house helping him install a new sliding door. My birthday is in November, we live in Michigan, his house would have been incredibly drafty with all doors and windows intact, and I'm very sensitive to cold. All in all, I'd have preferred a trip to Vegas. :ph34r: <-me wrapped in blanket

My 16th birthday, I came to school bearing a mylar balloon that had "Happy Sweet 16!" printed on it in large, bold letters. I spent most of the day fielding such intelligent questions as "Is it your birthday?" and "How old are you?"

No, my birthday's in April; I'm just toting around this balloon to throw you off. And I'm 68; my plastic surgeon is seriously a miracle worker.

My birthday is the day after Halloween. My mother has thanked me often for holding out those few extra hours.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Apr 25 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:I spent most of the day fielding such intelligent questions as "Is it your birthday?" and "How old are you?"

I often wear a baseball hat with my College's name on the front. I've yet to hear one person say "Oh, you go to BU?" instead they always ask "where do you go to college?".

BU is NOT a big sports school (except for Hockey), so I still don't understand why anyone would assume I'd be wearing a BU hat for fun.

Quote:My birthday is the day after Halloween.&nbsp; My mother has thanked me often for holding out those few extra hours.

One of my best friends was born on Halloween. He always had the best birthday parties, ever. :P

Cheers,

Munk
I always thought it was kind of redundant wearing clothing that says the school you attend while on campus. Every day I see hundreds of people wearing something with some form of 'PURDUE' written on it.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
pakman,Apr 25 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:I always thought it was kind of redundant wearing clothing that says the school you attend while on campus. Every day I see hundreds of people wearing something with some form of 'PURDUE' written on it.

Very true, though on the same merit the financial burden this school is putting on me warrants the purchase of at least a hat declaring which American University is the source of my poverty.

:P

Cheers,

Munk
pakman,Apr 25 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:I always thought it was kind of redundant wearing clothing that says the school you attend while on campus. Every day I see hundreds of people wearing something with some form of 'PURDUE' written on it.
[right][snapback]75140[/snapback][/right]
First week of school, we get prizes for walking into Student Services wearing some sort of LCC gear. Funny what people will do for a dinky plastic coffee cup.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Munkay,Apr 25 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:I often wear a baseball hat with my College's name on the front.&nbsp; I've yet to hear one person say "Oh, you go to BU?" instead they always ask "where do you go to college?".

BU is NOT a big sports school (except for Hockey), so I still don't understand why anyone would assume I'd be wearing a BU hat for fun.

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]75119[/snapback][/right]

Last Thursday I get out of my car dressed in my Orioles jacket and carrying an orioles umbrella. My car has 3 orioles decals in the window and a genius asks: "You like the Orioles?" I pause for a moment before pulling my Orioles cap out of my back pocket and reply "No I'm more of a Yankees fan" before plunking the cap on my head and walking away.

:)
Tal,Apr 27 2005, 10:00 AM Wrote:Last Thursday I get out of my car dressed in my Orioles jacket and carrying an orioles umbrella. My car has 3 orioles decals in the window and a genius asks: "You like the Orioles?" I pause for a moment before pulling my Orioles cap out of my back pocket and reply "No I'm more of a Yankees fan" before plunking the cap on my head and walking away.

:lol:

Thankfully having grown up in Boston, and attending school in Boston, everyone assumes I'm a Red Sox fan. And they are most definitely right.

On a side note: Great (very long) game last night! We got outplayed, congrats!
(now if only A. Rod. will stop hitting 3 homeruns and 1X RBI's in a game)

Cheers,

Munk