Sony takes MMOs in a bad direction for gamers.
Occhidiangela,Apr 24 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:Sony's response at the end of the article now proves that Sony endorses the idea of some folks paying other folks to play a game for them.  Next, I suppose, the CEO of Sony will hire someone to roger his wife for him.  Or is that a slippery slope assumption?

Occhi
[right][snapback]74918[/snapback][/right]
I think it's a slippery slope B) The people who pay people to play the game for them on the other hand might take you up on that offer :whistling:
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Malakar,Apr 24 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:I think this is more along the lines of legalizing prostitution to have greater control over it.
[right][snapback]74946[/snapback][/right]
Well it's a little more than that, in my opinion. And no, this wasn't influenced by today's Penny Arcade comic (the Visa Crucible!). I think it's obvious that Sony stands not only to have a little more control but seriously cash in on this big e-business.

Unless this turns out to be wildly successful, I don't care. It's not likely to have a huge impact on the rest of the gaming circle, just Sony's own little universe. I pity the fool (sorry!) who buys items on-line.