Is it just me?
I have no clue why, but all of my characters who have alchemy have all of the recipes showing up orange. They provide skill ups at the correct color (so the recipes that should be yellow are providing skill ups at a yellow rate) but all show up orange - making it rather difficult to figure out what I should be working on.

Anyone else out there having the same issue?
savaughn,Apr 20 2005, 12:31 AM Wrote:I have no clue why, but all of my characters who have alchemy have all of the recipes showing up orange.  They provide skill ups at the correct color (so the recipes that should be yellow are providing skill ups at a yellow rate) but all show up orange - making it rather difficult to figure out what I should be working on.

Anyone else out there having the same issue?
[right][snapback]74534[/snapback][/right]

My alchemist has the same issue as did someone else on Stormrage. Something got messed up in the patch.
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
savaughn,Apr 20 2005, 01:31 AM Wrote:Anyone else out there having the same issue?
[right][snapback]74534[/snapback][/right]

Same problem on both my alchemists. Looks like the game is returning a skillType index of 0 for the alchemy skills. This is retrieved by the call GetTradeSkillInfo(skillIndex). Since it is not showing this behavior for my Tailor or engineer, it looks like it may have something to do with changes they did to the Alchemy database itself. It will be informative if there are any out there that do not have this problem with their alchemy or if there may in fact be a problem with a UI mod that is disrupting this. The only mod in my list that I could see had no effect if it was running or not.
Ruvanal,Apr 20 2005, 07:51 AM Wrote:It will be informative if there are any out there that do not have this problem with their alchemy or if there may in fact be a problem with a UI mod that is disrupting this.  The only mod in my list that I could see had no effect if it was running or not.
[right][snapback]74564[/snapback][/right]
My two Alliance alchemists on Stormrage have the same issues (all orange). My horde alchemist on Terenas is normal. How's that for interesting? Only mod installed is a weapon switch mod.

Edit: And someone has a thread on the WoW boards in the bug report forum. Of course, he basically just says, "It's broke. Fix it." so I added in that it's not all alchemists, just alchemists on specific servers.
Intolerant monkey.
Ruvanal,Apr 20 2005, 07:51 AM Wrote:Same problem on both my alchemists.  Looks like the game is returning a skillType index of 0 for the alchemy skills.  This is retrieved by the call GetTradeSkillInfo(skillIndex).  Since it is not showing this behavior for my Tailor or engineer, it looks like it may have something to do with changes they did to the Alchemy database itself.  It will be informative if there are any out there that do not have this problem with their alchemy or if there may in fact be a problem with a UI mod that is disrupting this.  The only mod in my list that I could see had no effect if it was running or not.
[right][snapback]74564[/snapback][/right]

I have 3 alchemists on 3 different servers, all of them are fine.

Takishidu - Troll on Terenas
Vanikth - Undead on Tichondrius
Zhani - Gnome on Cenarion Circle

So I wonder if the problem is just Stormrage?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Apr 20 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:So I wonder if the problem is just Stormrage?
[right][snapback]74570[/snapback][/right]

Or a limited number of them including Stormrage. It does look more like a database problem in this case. They did have to do a server shutdown yesterday due to problems with the game correctly accessing the database. This is likely just more of that problem on a more minor scale.
Ruvanal,Apr 20 2005, 07:21 AM Wrote:Or a limited number of them including Stormrage.  It does look more like a database problem in this case.  They did have to do a server shutdown yesterday due to problems with the game correctly accessing the database.  This is likely just more of that problem on a more minor scale.
[right][snapback]74573[/snapback][/right]
Definitely present on Azgalor and Dethecus. I haven't checked my alchemist on Tich yet.
savaughn,Apr 20 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Definitely present on Azgalor and Dethecus.  I haven't checked my alchemist on Tich yet.
[right][snapback]74590[/snapback][/right]
Tich alchemists are normal. Zul'jin alchemists have the display bug.
Intolerant monkey.
Same for me on EU server Dragonblight , I also know quite a few other people there with the same issue .
Take care
Oh, great. Patch day came and went and the alchemy bug is still in place. :angry:
savaughn,Apr 27 2005, 05:47 AM Wrote:Oh, great.  Patch day came and went and the alchemy bug is still in place.  :angry:
[right][snapback]75354[/snapback][/right]

Worse than that (from my point of view): client patch 1.4.2 (or 1.4.1; we got both of them consecutively today) has *introduced* the bug for tailoring on Draenor. Other people are reporting their professions similarly bugged.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,May 6 2005, 02:48 PM Wrote:Worse than that (from my point of view): client patch 1.4.2 (or 1.4.1; we got both of them consecutively today) has *introduced* the bug for tailoring on Draenor.  Other people are reporting their professions similarly bugged.
[right][snapback]76491[/snapback][/right]
It was 1.4.1 for tailoring and not 1.4.2
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,May 6 2005, 01:06 PM Wrote:It was 1.4.1 for tailoring and not 1.4.2
[right][snapback]76493[/snapback][/right]
On the plus side (for me, anyway) I only have 2 tailors who are now broken instead of the four alchemists who were broken before... :blink:
savaughn,May 6 2005, 07:17 PM Wrote:On the plus side (for me, anyway) I only have 2 tailors who are now broken instead of the four alchemists who were broken before...  :blink:
[right][snapback]76518[/snapback][/right]
Lucky stiff. ;) I had only two alchemists affected before (out of 4 iirc). Now I have three tailors with it (out of three ;) ).

Edit: Forgot I only had 3 alchemists at the time that I played. The gal on Tich who is now an alchemist wasn't anything at the time of the bug. So it was just 2 out of 3 alchs.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,May 7 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:Lucky stiff. ;)  I had only two alchemists affected before (out of 4 iirc).  Now I have three tailors with it (out of three ;) ).

Edit: Forgot I only had 3 alchemists at the time that I played.  The gal on Tich who is now an alchemist wasn't anything at the time of the bug.  So it was just 2 out of 3 alchs.
[right][snapback]76519[/snapback][/right]

Tailor here. Afflicted. Everything orange. Recipes which were clearly grey, yellow, and green before.

I don't know if this is of any importance, but this character is sort of retired. I lately only used him as tailoring mule. He is capped at 225. His char level is 25. I would have to level him further up until level 35 to get him to artisan tailoring. The other profession is Enchanting.

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!