Patch 1.4.0 out
... you just can't download it yet. I'm not sure why they didn't post the patch download, since they announced it on the main page.

I'm also curious as to their solution to the "corpse problem". All the dead corpses all slowing the game down, even on the best machines according to Blizzard, and they said they would have a solution before the patch went live. The final Patch Notes don't have anything about it that I saw.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 19 2005, 09:41 AM Wrote:... you just can't download it yet.  I'm not sure why they didn't post the patch download, since they announced it on the main page.
[right][snapback]74400[/snapback][/right]
The funny thing is that they had the announcement on the main page before the servers were even taken down this morning. :D

Edit: It's now available to download. It's 32.59 MB.
Intolerant monkey.
You two raced to be the first ones here to post didn't ya? ;)
Tal,Apr 19 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:You two raced to be the first ones here to post didn't ya? ;)
[right][snapback]74403[/snapback][/right]
Actually no. I was going to wait until I actually had the patch downloaded (or at least started on the download) before I posted about the patch being released just in case someone at Blizzard messed up and wasn't supposed to announce the patch yet. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Tal,Apr 19 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:You two raced to be the first ones here to post didn't ya? ;)
[right][snapback]74403[/snapback][/right]

Not really, I was bored during class :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
A very interesting change.

Quote:Increased the respawn time of Mok'rash in Stranglethorn Vale from 9 hours to 2 hours on average.

Aparently he warps space-time too.
I know we all hate the download times on these patches. Took me about 30 minutes. Check out the awesome flash movie Deebye linked in his post here http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=5756
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Got the patch all downloaded and set up. Now I just need the servers to come back up... *L*
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Arethor,Apr 19 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:I know we all hate the download times on these patches.  Took me about 30 minutes. 
[right][snapback]74414[/snapback][/right]
It only took me 15 minutes. *shrugs*
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 19 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:It only took me 15 minutes.  *shrugs*
[right][snapback]74417[/snapback][/right]
Maybe it was cause i was working on a few different things while downloading :blush:
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Apr 19 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:Maybe it was cause i was working on a few different things while downloading  :blush:
[right][snapback]74419[/snapback][/right]
Heh. I just start the download and then leave the machine alone, checking back on it every few minutes. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Apr 19 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:It only took me 15 minutes.  *shrugs*
[right][snapback]74417[/snapback][/right]

Mine took 8 minutes and change, do I get a prize :P
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Apr 19 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:Mine took 8 minutes and change, do I get a prize  :P
[right][snapback]74423[/snapback][/right]
You get your prize when you can log into the servers again and not have them go *boom* if someone decides to plan a PvP raid. Then we'll find out what kind of a prize you get. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Arethor,Apr 19 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:Maybe it was cause i was working on a few different things while downloading  :blush:
[right][snapback]74419[/snapback][/right]

Took 5 minutes to download, 10 minutes to patch while I read the notes.
--Mav
Treesh,Apr 19 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:You get your prize when you can log into the servers again and not have them go *boom* if someone decides to plan a PvP raid.  Then we'll find out what kind of a prize you get. ;)
[right][snapback]74427[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I don't intend to log on right away when the servers come up as I have a final tonight. Good luck to you all in the first few hours though :unsure:

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
I've got the patch up on my webspace in case anyone needs it. US English only though. PM me if you need it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I was almost positive they weren't going to release it today. It just didn't seem...ready.

Oh well. I wonder if eight thousand people are going to flood into Hillsbrad?
And, surprise surprise, some of the realms (I don't know if it's all of them or not) are being brought down because of disconnects, missing NPCs, item database lag, and who knows what else. At least they were up long enough for me to harvest most of the stranglekelp in the Zoram Strand area before they went down. ;) Maybe I can go back and harvest more right after they are brought up again. :D

Edit: It is all of them and not just some.
Intolerant monkey.
PvP honor without battlegrounds is probably a bad thing. Espcially if you are in your low 50's like me :( I expect to get ganked alot more.
Apparently some of the realms are back up...what's weird is I'm getting this auto-realm assignation thing. Feathermoon's not up yet, apparently (not on the realm list), though I don't know for sure because http://www.worldofwarcraft.com is just giving me a "Timed Out" error.