Anyone have experience with Remorseless?
While I was agonizing over my respec for the 100000000000th time I couldn't help but notice that Remorseless gives a whopping 40% increase to crit rate for the next Ambush (and lots of other stuff besides) - and I got to thinking. With Imp Ambush you are already getting 30% more, Cruelty gives you 5% more. So that's 75%.

29 Agi = 1 more point of crit, a Rogue SHOULD have approaching 250 Agi at my level (43)...and if I were to grind greens only, my crit rate should go up accordingly.

So are we looking at a 100% crit for Ambush here? It is worth it? For grinding greens or yellows would it actually be worth the 5 pts to guarantee an Ambush crit all the time?

The possible disadvantages would be :

1. Only lasts 20 secs. This is the major drawback...it takes time to loot the corpse, stealth and move on to your next target, then position yourself for the Ambush, even with MoD and Camo. Might not be feasible.

2. Any disease or poison effects would mess up your plans badly. You could of course Gouge and Backstab instead though...
I'd say it'd be worth a shot for grinding greens (yellows would take long enough per kill and do enough damage to you to hamper this rather noticeably); however:
Quote:1. Only lasts 20 secs. This is the major drawback...it takes time to loot the corpse, stealth and move on to your next target, then position yourself for the Ambush, even with MoD and Camo. Might not be feasible.
In my opinion, this is what turns remorseless from a potentially cool talent into a rather crappy one. I believe the short duration leads to a lot of wasted crit chances.

I don't think remorseless fits well into the usual dagger builds, but it might be something interesting to try if you're up for something different.
Yes, you can reach 100% crit on ambushes rather easily with that combination.

What bothers me about remorseless, is that certain mobs have 5 second death animations before you can loot, which cuts into your time by 25%. Depending on spawn layout, though, you can chain kills, it's just annoying that you can't really relax.

It's a really great spec for grinding greens. I've used this, along with a slow mace in weapon switch for SS, and it's the highest DPS I've been able to achieve. However, your exp/hour is limited largely by the time it takes to walk between mobs. Since you'll be killing greens, the walk time becomes a larger factor.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Cyath,Apr 17 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:While I was agonizing over my respec for the 100000000000th time I couldn't help but notice that Remorseless gives a whopping 40% increase to crit rate for the next Ambush (and lots of other stuff besides) - and I got to thinking. With Imp Ambush you are already getting 30% more, Cruelty gives you 5% more. So that's 75%.

29 Agi = 1 more point of crit, a Rogue SHOULD have approaching 250 Agi at my level (43)...and if I were to grind greens only, my crit rate should go up accordingly.

So are we looking at a 100% crit for Ambush here? It is worth it? For grinding greens or yellows would it actually be worth the 5 pts to guarantee an Ambush crit all the time?

The possible disadvantages would be :

1. Only lasts 20 secs. This is the major drawback...it takes time to loot the corpse, stealth and move on to your next target, then position yourself for the Ambush, even with MoD and Camo. Might not be feasible.

2. Any disease or poison effects would mess up your plans badly. You could of course Gouge and Backstab instead though...
[right][snapback]74218[/snapback][/right]

It's great. With Improved Ambush (gives you 45% increased crit chance, not just 30%), Malice (not Cruelty) giving you 5% and at least 10% normal critical chance (really easy), it gives you a guaranteed crit. Awesome for grinding, or just doing kill quests or whatever. At level 60 I'd probably switch it out for Improved Instant Poison, though.

Also 29 AGI = 1% crit is only valid at level 60, but the general ratio si the same, which is about half your level for 1% more crit chance.

I tried going without it at one point, but I ended up really missing it. I love it. 20 seconds is enough to get to your next enemy, 90% of the time or so. Any DoT emsses you up real bad of course, but that's not limited to Remorseless, that hurts all rogues who want to stealth.
If you want to pickpocket with this, it'd be better to pickpocket all mobs first, then fight through.

I, personally, refuse to spec a way that wouldn't help me in groups.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 17 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:If you want to pickpocket with this, it'd be better to pickpocket all mobs first, then fight through.

I, personally, refuse to spec a way that wouldn't help me in groups.
[right][snapback]74261[/snapback][/right]

I do recall that critical Ambushes would take off ~60% of a mob's HP, right off the bat, when I was fighting even levels in the 20-30s.

Probably not a good investment if you are a skinner, but otherwise, 20 seconds is quite enough.