Timbermaw Furbolg Questions
I have two questions about the Timbermaw Furbolgs in Felwood (Timbermaw Hold passage to Moonglade/Winterspring). My Undead Warrior has now a "Friendly" reputation with these guys to gain access to the two excellent Tribal Leatherworking recipes "Warbear Woolies" and "Warbear Harness", which are sold by the Timbermaw NPC "Meilosh". I went down a bit further into the hold and met yet another NPC called "Gorn One-Eye" who won't talk to me until I'm "Honored" with the Timbermaws.

1.) Is it worth the trouble to go ahead and get "Honored" with the Timbermaw?

2.) I've found a third, "plugged" path in the Timbermaw Hold (Moonglade and Winterspring are the open ones). Does that one open when you are "Honored", and what lies behind the "door"? Is it the door to a hidden Timbermaw lair, or is it perhaps the path to the not yet opened/implemented "Hyjal" region?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The "plugged" area... does it lead west? If so, I would surmise that it will lead to the Shatterspear troll village when it is implemented. For now, it's just a dead end.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Apr 17 2005, 04:42 AM Wrote:The "plugged" area... does it lead west?  If so, I would surmise that it will lead to the Shatterspear troll village when it is implemented.  For now, it's just a dead end.
[right][snapback]74220[/snapback][/right]

IIRC, it actually leads southish... which sort of does point to Hyjal.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Apr 17 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:IIRC, it actually leads southish... which sort of does point to Hyjal.
[right][snapback]74229[/snapback][/right]

I just can't see them giving an avenue like that, though. Right now to get to Hyjal you have to fight through some pretty hairy stuff in the SE corner of Winterspring. They've got an instance entrance blocked by a gate right now, just to taunt you. :lol:
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Apr 17 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:I just can't see them giving an avenue like that, though.  Right now to get to Hyjal you have to fight through some pretty hairy stuff in the SE corner of Winterspring.  They've got an instance entrance blocked by a gate right now, just to taunt you.  :lol:
[right][snapback]74252[/snapback][/right]

Back door requiring the use of a key found within Hyjal?
Darian,Apr 17 2005, 05:24 PM Wrote:Back door requiring the use of a key found within Hyjal?
[right][snapback]74257[/snapback][/right]

There are Timbermaws in Azshara, I think the closed way leads there?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 17 2005, 02:58 PM Wrote:There are Timbermaws in Azshara, I think the closed way leads there?
[right][snapback]74267[/snapback][/right]

That would be a REALLY long tunnel. And the gates in Azshara are supposed to be an unused instance portal. Backdoor? Like I said, though, that's a fricken long way.

As to nobbie's questions with faction: if you're not going to use the recipes they sell, don't bother going past even unfriendly. There's no incentive right now, and the deadwood furbolgs you kill for faction are terribly overcamped at best.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quark,Apr 17 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:There are Timbermaws in Azshara, I think the closed way leads there?
[right][snapback]74267[/snapback][/right]

Ahhh, yes. I'd forgotten about that... there's a keep you can't get into there -- but on the maps, you'd have to pass through (or under) Hyjal to get from Point A to Point B.

My curiosity is growing now.
You can actually enter that "keep". I mean you can get behind the gate - its just an earthen mountain side.
I never bothered getting faction with the Timbermaws - with 8k armor and 4k life I just run through. ;)

Plus it helps not having to worry about recipes. :D
I'm already "Friendly" with the Timbermaw folks and have bought their attractive Tribal Leatherworking recipes for my new Shaman. However, since I'm on 5 Horde chars now (1 main and 4 "crafting chars"), my main, level 51 Warrior Parzival, has had a lot of rest time and now a full level (up to 52) to grind at 200% exp. I'm just curious if I should grind that level killing the Timbermaw enemies in Felwood and increase reputation, or if I should go ahead to some more interesting stuff like the Un'Goro Crater, Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes for Thorium and rare goodies like the "Heart of Fire" etc.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I'd say it took me about a level of grinding those, more or less, to get from unfriendly to neutral. I kind of liked the place, seeing as how I needed lots of runecloth for bags for my army of alts. :) I'd say go for it - as long as you can stand it. Why not get faction there while getting exp? Better than doing it at 60 down the road when you don't get exp. And if you get bored, go somewhere else.

Now for a little OT story. You reminded me of a certain horde run in at the northern Deadwood camp. I was just grinding there, minding my own business, and after killing 3 mobs in a row (as rare as I do that), a rogue comes out and ganks me. So I come back, prepared to beat him down. But this time he brings his friend and ganks me again. :angry: So I figure I've died twice to them, might as well die more trying to kill them since I was ticked off. So I spot them, come up from the side while they're fighting two furbolgs, and combust/pyroblast the rogue. He drops, and I proceed to kite the warrior until he's dead. :lol: That wasn't enough, though. I came back again after a few minutes and hid in the lake. Once I was able to get LoS on one of them from underwater, I combust/pyroblast him. Dropped him quick, then dropped the other one. :lol: Good times, good times. :D
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Funny, but I'm glad that I have chosen a non-PvP RP server :)
I'm honored by the Timbermaws, and I do seem to remember that I got another mooncloth recipe from them when I became so. I'll try to check it out during the week. :)
And yes, it does take quite a while. :lol:
nobbie,Apr 18 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:I'm already "Friendly" with the Timbermaw folks and have bought their attractive Tribal Leatherworking recipes for my new Shaman. However, since I'm on 5 Horde chars now (1 main and 4 "crafting chars"), my main, level 51 Warrior Parzival, has had a lot of rest time and now a full level (up to 52) to grind at 200% exp. I'm just curious if I should grind that level killing the Timbermaw enemies in Felwood and increase reputation, or if I should go ahead to some more interesting stuff like the Un'Goro Crater, Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes for Thorium and rare goodies like the "Heart of Fire" etc.
[right][snapback]74317[/snapback][/right]

There are at least two small thorium veins in the Furbolg area and the Furbolgs drop 16 slot bags. I got two 16 slot bags within a couple minutes (and none since).
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Apr 22 2005, 01:46 AM Wrote:There are at least two small thorium veins in the Furbolg area and the Furbolgs drop 16 slot bags.  I got two 16 slot bags within a couple minutes (and none since).
[right][snapback]74746[/snapback][/right]
From the lower-level Deadwood Furbolgs in the south of Felwood or the higher-level Furbolgs (level 53+) in the north near the entrance to the Timbermaw Hold?
nobbie,Apr 22 2005, 04:50 AM Wrote:From the lower-level Deadwood Furbolgs in the south of Felwood or the higher-level Furbolgs (level 53+) in the north near the entrance to the Timbermaw Hold?
[right][snapback]74777[/snapback][/right]

The ones in the north near the entrance to Timbermaw Hold. Tribade is friendly with the Timbermaw and hopes soon to be honored among them. When she became friendly she stopped getting the Timbermaw quests in Felwood, but may now be able to get Timbermaw quests in Winterspring.

Just out of interest, has anyone become honored with the Windhammer? The one quest giver says something like "We fight for those who fight for us," and I wonder if they might really do so?

A similar question: does one have to have reputation to obtain the flight path in Moonglade? I see very low level druids in Moonglade but Oothoon, my baby druid, has no idea how they might have gotten there.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Apr 22 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:A similar question:  does one have to have reputation to obtain the flight path in Moonglade?  I see very low level druids in Moonglade but Oothoon, my baby druid, has no idea how they might have gotten there.
[right][snapback]74870[/snapback][/right]

Nope, just get to level 10 and Bearwalker in Darnassus will teach you to teleport there. It leads to the Bear-form quests, but it's a very handy thing to have. The druid-only flight point in Moonglade goes to Rutheran Village and is free. If you check south of the lake near the road to the Timbermaws there's another flight path usable by anyone to Auberdine and Everlook, but it's fairly expensive as flights go.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
LavCat,Apr 22 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:A similar question:  does one have to have reputation to obtain the flight path in Moonglade?  I see very low level druids in Moonglade but Oothoon, my baby druid, has no idea how they might have gotten there.
At some point (level 10 or so), you will be sent to see one of the NPCs in the Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus. He will give you a spell to teleport to Moonglade. You can then speak to the flightmaster right in town and get the flight path. That's why you see baby druids there. They are continuing their training.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LavCat,Apr 23 2005, 02:45 AM Wrote:A similar question:  does one have to have reputation to obtain the flight path in Moonglade?  I see very low level druids in Moonglade but Oothoon, my baby druid, has no idea how they might have gotten there.
The skill "Teleport Moonglade" will be given to Druids of each faction (Tauren, Night Elves) at level 10, because you have to visit an NPC in Nighthaven then that sets you on the quest series for the Bear form.

Btw, it would be great if Druids will be an exclusive class in a future patch that can play together with the opposing faction!